Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2016 11:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro (5130-32Bit) charging issue

Hi All,

unfortunately, I did one big mistake - bought Dell Venue 11 Pro - and now I am looking for help with several issues which happened after upgrading to Windows 10:

1. battery charging is very very slow - during the booting, I get a warning that the voltage is low and I should use original charging cables. On top of it, getting the battery fully charged takes roughly two days. I do have original cables and everything worked OK before the upgrade to Windows 10.

2. metro / desktop launch fails - after booting, neither desktop nor metro panel do launch. I means that I see only background wallpaper and the panel at the bottom (metro button on bottom left side does not work). If i want to open a program, i need to use RUN function and type program file manually.

3. some programs do not launch to full screen after activating - e.g. after clicking on Chrome icon, i need to go to Task view to see Chrome window and click on it in this view.

Any ideas how to deal with the above are much welcomed.

Many thanks,

Miro

6 Posts

May 28th, 2016 19:00

For the charging issue, make sure the BIOS is up to date, and if it is, hit the load defaults button in the lower right corner while still in the bios. That should possibly solve the issue with charging.

For the issue you are having with Windows 10, I recommend backing everything up and doing a factory reset. If when you do a factory reset and it reloads the factory Windows 8.1, update it and redo the upgrade to Windows 10 (while running Windows 8.1) without installing any programs, Or you could do like I did, make a recovery USB using the Dell Backup and Recovery Software (DBAR), and just wipe the tablet and do a clean install of Windows 10. If you do a clean install of Windows 10, you will need to download the drivers for your tablet from Dell Support. When creating a recovery USB using Dell Backup and Recovery Software (DBAR), use a minimum of a 8 GB flash drive (SD cards will not work). For the Windows 10 USB, follow this link:  http://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-installation   It will guide you through the steps on how to make a USB install drive. 

USE A SEPARATE FLASH DRIVE FOR THE WINDOWS 10 INSTALLER IF YOU DO A CLEAN INSTALL!

No Events found!