Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Message

March 15th, 2020 08:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 - Restart / Wake issue

I have a Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 (i3, 4GB, 128SSD) with the keyboard with the built in battery.

Here's the deal, I've fixed this issue once before and it wasn't difficult.  The two issues I faced was;

1) Would not wake from sleep / hibernate.

2) Would not boot up after a restart.

Problem number one was solved by disabling sleep and just using hibernate.  Problem number two was solved by installing an older Intel Chipset.

Problem is, I haven't used this tablet for at least a year, and the fix was made at least 1.5-2 years ago.  So exactly what I did eludes me.  I've searched and searched both these forums and others and did what people suggested to no avail.

The issue started up again today when I updated from the old Windows 10 (1903?) to 1909(?).

So far, I've totally updated at least 23 drivers ranging from bluetooth to more obscure system utility drivers.  I've turned off the C-states as I heard this could be an issue.  Turned off fast boot, so now I get the standard post.  I've also done a couple of other things which I don't remember right now.

This tablet is old now, so I'm sure most who have owned or owns one know of these problems and knows the fix?

*Edit*
I'd also like to note that even thought the screen is off after pressing the power button to set it to hibernate, it's still on as I hear emails coming in.  Yet no matter what I do, it won't start unless I force restart.  This goes for both when I try to restart it after an update, or if I put it to hibernate manually or if it does so automatically.

1 Message

April 28th, 2020 07:00

I have same issue, but if you wait long enough it does actually reboot. Still annoying and be good to fix!

29 Posts

May 10th, 2020 03:00

Hi,

I, too, all of a sudden am unable to get a restart after an update, such as when running BIOS update A26.

The screen shows Restarting briefly, then goes black.

Appreciate your help ... thanks!

29 Posts

May 10th, 2020 05:00

Well, all is resolved and BIOS A26 is now installed.

I had to first turn off Bitlocker, then proceed to update BIOS.

No Events found!