Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 23rd, 2014 13:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro won't turn on

It seems to charge (the charge light is on), but when I press the power button nothing happens. I have tried holding the power button down for an extend time as well.

1 Message

February 5th, 2014 07:00

I had this issue this morning. Aggravating! Since there were no answers that worked on this dialog, I looked up another and found a solution that at least worked for me. If the Venue won't power on, and you know it's charged, hold the power button for 20 seconds, then hold it down again for 1 second. It should boot normally after that.

February 26th, 2014 23:00

make sure you are using the charger that came with the Dell Venue 11, it's a 24 watt charger... other micro usb chargers are 5 to 10 watts, which will turn the light on, but won't charge the device... and once the battery is below a certain percentage it won't power the x86 processor correctly...  My wife had the same problem... she was using my son's Venue 7 charger (which is 10 watts) so it wasn't charging the battery... once I had her find the correct charger (the 24 watt) we charged the battery for 60 minutes... (not that I think this helped, but I did also remove the battery and re-inserted it prior to charging properly.)  

Hope this helps everyone.  Good luck! 

:emotion-2:

1 Message

January 17th, 2015 08:00

Thank you!!! I just got this thing and it seems to be giving me more headaches than it is worth! Your suggestion actually worked though! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

2 Posts

January 24th, 2015 13:00

Same happen to me. Your advice really works - thanks!!

24 Posts

January 23rd, 2014 21:00

My dell venue won't turn on either I hav the dell venue 11 pro i3 and it only works if u connect the keybord dock and it powers itself thru there, I even tried new update. It won't charge at all but using the keybord dock it turns on. When I plugin the charger it won't show charge light but if I use same charge on keybord dock or any other device it charges but the tablet won't charge.

January 26th, 2014 18:00

I've had similar issues since using the mobile keyboard. It worked for a couple of days, but now it crashes any time you disconnect the tablet from the keyboard, and it can't be turned back on until you plug the charger in! And now it's getting worse, I have to keep it plugged in or it crashes! I hope I'm not alone with this problem :/

1 Message

January 27th, 2014 01:00

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same issue and i Have only been using it for one day.

24 Posts

February 1st, 2014 12:00

No Brian and his team need to get on this asap, its a serious issue. I even tried to post another blog in hopes to get the teams attention but no result, what is dell doing?

4 Posts

February 2nd, 2014 20:00

I have the same problem. Just started tonight. It vibrates when I push the button, but nothing else happens. Screen just stays black.

58 Posts

February 3rd, 2014 14:00

Same here sometimes...

Venue 11 pro i3 with wwan card

58 Posts

February 3rd, 2014 15:00

I have a for me reproducable issue:

• From power-off boot into the BIOS
  • Don't change anything, just hit exit
  • The tablet boots (dell logo) and (when you expect your login screen) the screen goes black
    Pressing the windows logo triggers the vibrator. Pressing the power button does nothing and the device starts to heat up (top part gets warm). It is just that the screen stays off. Pressing the power button for 4 seconds (should trigger windows 'slide down to shutdown' and sliding down (from center) does nothing.
  • Only way to revive device is holding power for 10+ seconds (resulting in power-loss message in windows eventlog)
    (or remove battery, which I once nearly did)

After that.. push power button and device starts normally...

At the moment the tablet is a paperweight as it is either out of power and charging or in some state in which it is unusable. My happiness clearly has changed to some other feeling with this tablet... What I find strange is that the newssites are not reporting about this 'great device' (Which it would be if it would work as advertised)...

4 Posts

February 5th, 2014 17:00

I tried this but unfortunately it did not work on mine. I just finished my second chat session with Dell support and they are sending me a box to ship the computer back to them. I guess there is no easy solution to the problem.

3 Posts

February 25th, 2014 11:00

I received my Dell Venue Pro 11 on 12/26/2013 and it did not charge either, the light on the charger was on but the light by the power button on the tablet was not.  I called Dell on 12/27/2013 and they said they would send a replacement.  It is now 2/25/13, over 8 weeks and a half dozen phone calls later and I'm still told that there just aren't any available yet for them to send me.  Some kind of production problem they say.  This is ridiculous.  I just checked the sales website and people who order one today are being told that 3/25 is the date they expect to ship those.  I was going to buy MS Surface but saw that Venue had replaceable battery and I liked that so I ordered the Venue instead.  Wondering now just how big a mistake I made by doing that.

184 Posts

February 27th, 2014 11:00

I received my Dell Venue Pro 11 on 12/26/2013 and it did not charge either, the light on the charger was on but the light by the power button on the tablet was not.  I called Dell on 12/27/2013 and they said they would send a replacement.  It is now 2/25/13, over 8 weeks and a half dozen phone calls later and I'm still told that there just aren't any available yet for them to send me.  Some kind of production problem they say.  This is ridiculous.  I just checked the sales website and people who order one today are being told that 3/25 is the date they expect to ship those.  I was going to buy MS Surface but saw that Venue had replaceable battery and I liked that so I ordered the Venue instead.  Wondering now just how big a mistake I made by doing that.

I am in the same boat and believe a lot of others as well. Can't return for refund anymore and what I have seen repair doesn't help and possibly makes it even worse. Having the rapid response warranty should take care of replacements / repairs within 1 or 2 business days (Dell's own advertising for the device) not weeks or a few month. Dell is breaking the agreement right there. I would really hope that the Media would pick up on this fiasco and forces Dell to do something. Nothing is more powerful as Media because customers calling and complaining doesn't seem to do anything.

16 Posts

February 27th, 2014 11:00

I had that issue the other day. I ended up pulling the battery out ( with no other power connected) Put the battery back in and I was off to the races. I've used this method with a few laptops as well in the past.
No Events found!