Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2014 22:00

Dell Venue 8 Pro USB keyboard recognition

Hello

Recently, I bought a USB keyboard suited to the size of the DV8P off of eBay. It worked like a charm the first time I plugged it in, and hasn't worked since. The tablet continues to recognize other USB peripherals, like my wireless mouse or a flash drive, but it refuses to recognize this keyboard again.

I have tried the keyboard in other host devices (a laptop and a desktop) on which it works just fine. Oddly enough, my DV8P wont recognize any USB keyboard at all anymore, yet it will recognize any mouse or flash drive I plug into it.

Why is this? I know it isn't a compatibility issue since the keyboard worked the very first time I connected it. My best guess is that the power requirement of the keyboard is too high for the OTG cable/tablet to handle alone (as would be the case with a USB printer or an external hard drive). Yet, it worked the very first time I plugged it in, so this almost seems implausible.

Please give me some input if you know anything about this at all. It feels like I have literally tried everything and it's absolutely driving me nuts.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

www.ebay.com/.../191230155050

No Responses!
No Events found!