Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 7th, 2014 11:00

Dell Venue 8 pro (32 gig) camera problem

Just recently received this lovely device as a Christmas gift last year in December. Within the first week or so of using the tablet the camera worked without any issue at all but recently while trying to use it the camera doesnt seem to operate at all. Any time i try to use the default camera app it will load properly (from what i can tell) but my screen turns dark grey while the light near the front facing camera beings to glow. I can swipe to previous pictures in my camera roll but for the life of me am unable to take photos with my tablet, i have also tried to use other camera apps to see if there was something wrong with the preinstalled app but that didnt work and checking the systems hardware just showed that the hard working was functioning properly. Does anyone have a fix for this at all?

2 Posts

November 30th, 2014 10:00

try removing last driver update in the imaging driver.  I had the same problem and that work for me.

1 Message

January 10th, 2014 20:00

My camera will not take pictures can't get it to work

1 Message

January 11th, 2014 17:00

I have the same problem. My front camera works and the back camera works when in panorama mode. However, the back camera does not work when it takes normal pictures.

1 Message

February 2nd, 2014 17:00

I had the same issues and my camera stopped working in 2 local accounts. I updated the Venue 8 Pro BIOS and the camera was fixed.

February 13th, 2014 09:00

My camera- the 8mp one when taking movies- 'stutters'. during filming and playback. Yesterday while testing it the app crashed the OS and I could not get it back until I forced a shutdown . Have followed many forums, and while I generally like the unit as well as this latest issue with the camera, i have had: 2 refreshes of OS, 1 complete reinstall of OS after a blue screen, one incident when sound would not operate until reboot, one incident -two days ago when onboard touch screen keyboard would not activate. several i.e. 11 crashes, and issues where in i.e favourites error " Page cannot be displayed'- less problem with Chrome on this, All windows updates and Dell Driver updates were applied as they became available. Scans have never showed any problems but the critical incidents in the system logs show something definitely wrong either software or intermittent hdwe. Incident report into Dell but no response sofar

1 Message

October 26th, 2014 12:00

I also had this problem before I started Dell Update application and installed touch screen update.

3 Posts

January 7th, 2015 09:00

Thank you for this!  Rolling back the imaging driver fixed it for me as well.   

1 Message

February 24th, 2015 18:00

Unbelievable *** support from dell

1 Message

August 18th, 2015 14:00

where is the imaging driver

30 Posts

August 18th, 2015 21:00

try removing last driver update in the imaging driver.

No Events found!