DELL-Amy B
2 Iron

Re: Dell Venue Pro -- Issue Status

UPDATE:

To echo Lionel's reply, we really appreciate your feedback here. We just wanted to give you an update that action items are being assigned and taken internally on these issues.  We will continue to keep you posted as new information becomes available.

For all the early adopters, we appreciate your feedback and patience while we work through these issues. Please be reassured, your participation and customer experience have been noted and we are committed to ensuring the right outcome for you.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DELL-Amy B
2 Iron

Venue Pro Issues Update

Hi Folks,

We just wanted to share the latest status on the issues reported here. 

We have a software fix that corrects the camera settings issue, the original Wi-Fi issue, and the SIM card issue. This fix will require a product exchange. We are still working out the details on how best to do this.  

Regarding the camera quality issue, we are actively testing a new firmware revision to improve. More work needs to be done. When we have more details to share, we will.

Our teams have done more testing re: Bluetooth. A couple of general questions for the community:

·         What device are you pairing the Venue Pro with?

·         Have you tried to pair this device w/another phone?

Thanks again for your feedback. We’ll share additional details as they become available.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
emed795
1 Copper

Thanks for the update!

In regards to the bluetooth issue I'm using the built-in hands free system in a 2008 Nissan Altima which only supports the hands free profile. I know it's paired and connected correctly as WP7 says it's connected and I can see device status status like battery and signal strength in the car's GPS console. However there is no audio being transmitted over the bluetooth link in either direction, meaning I can't hear them and they can't hear me.

Both the Dell Venue Pro engineering sample and it's replacement that has the SIM issue exhibit this behavior. I've also tried paring two other different phones, a Motorola Razor and a Motorola Zine, both of which work perfectly fine with the built in hands free system in the car.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Amy.  Regarding my bluetooth experience:

Motorola S805 headset: used heavily on other phones and PC's without issues.  On my DVP it frequently looses connection when I move between WP7 screens. Resolved by a quick disconnect/reconnect on the Bluetooth settings page. Gets confused when I try to use S805 for a phone call.

Microsoft SYNC 2.1 (Ford Touch): Bluetooth connection seems to work better than it did with my BlackBerry Bold!

HP Bluetooth Stereo Headset: ditto S805 behavior

Dell E5400 Laptop: Flawless connection

Dell Tower PC (can provide details if needed): Flawless connection

HP enterprise laptop (BT 1.x, several years old): Flawless connection

Thanks,

@DouglasG

0 Kudos
cb55555
1 Nickel

Are these software changes going to be applied to any units that were ordered and are currently awaiting shipment?

0 Kudos
xer21
1 Nickel

CB55555, I'm going to say yes, all new/replacement dell venue pro's will have the already marked resolved changes on their phone by default. They may sneak more in or they might do a firmware update after more devices are shipped. If something is broken when the updated model comes out I'll update this post.

0 Kudos
cb55555
1 Nickel

Is it safe to say that these updates are the reason why the ship dates have been pushed back to the end of December now?

0 Kudos
xer21
1 Nickel

I hope these are the only reasons. But I suspect also the reason for the delay on them sending the hardware is that end users cant easily update the firmware on the phones, or else they could have been shipping units and telling people to apply update. Because I already have a dell venue pro, but why do I technically need a replacement if its only updated firmware. I'm guessing there is some more to the story, but It's cool with me because the more things they check off this list the better the phone is. I just wish they would be a little bit more transparent.

0 Kudos

I think I need to retract my positive report regarding DVP bluetooth with Microsoft SYNC.  I had nothing but trouble today with it failing to automatically reconnect each time I reentered the vehicle.

@DouglasG

0 Kudos
Aboulie
1 Copper

Hi.

Can we add the question about availability in europe. I know January seems the date for UK, but for others countries ? (france for example)

I'd like to know if I can wait or give up and try export (or other brand)

Thanks.

0 Kudos