Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

September 30th, 2011 18:00

Dell streak7 official Honeycomb update received

Yes Dell official  Honeycomb 3.2 update received this afternoon on my device.  Download and installation took a while though on my slow wifi network. Looking so far great and I am excited for this update. I did not like the default wallpaper though and changed.

10 Posts

October 6th, 2011 11:00

Ha ha ha no idea on the "official" I was wondering that myself... I was hesitant of the update because of that, it seems Dell is a little"slow"providing support for the streak, so I did it anyway... But for sure its the official update.

8 Posts

October 6th, 2011 11:00

Thank you very much for the tip.

The "don't let go the + button" tip is key to make it happen.  I had updated and honeycomb seems to work fine.

...but, by the way, where is the official dell instructions to make the update? any link?

1 Message

October 6th, 2011 14:00

Here are the steps

1. Copy the Update.pkg (or rename and copy as 'Update.pkg')  to the External SD Card in the Root Directory

2. Power off your device

3. Power on While Holding VOUME UP (+) button.

You will see options. Read the instructions on the screen.

Thanks,

Prabhakar

3 Posts

October 7th, 2011 13:00

I did this as suggested and my Streak went blank after selecting to update using the SD card and now it stays at the Dell screen.  I left it plugged in and 24hours later its still in the same place.  I think its broke.  I did try to go back to the menu and do a factory reset but that option just leaves the Streak at a lit/black screen with nothing else.  From what I read on other forums it seems the system is now corrupt.  I have nothing to go back to and the freezing makes me wonder if anything would work anyway.  Anyone have any ideas?  I should have not updated!  :(

126 Posts

October 7th, 2011 14:00

@FriedDylan i updated via wifi and all went smooth however i had it lockedup on the dell logo earlier after try send something to pc  i thought it was maybe gone faulty im new to adroid and google soon had me get it sorted i had to do the pin shutdown then start with +volume then selected full reset whatever t formatted the device took quite a while on initial boot then everything fine again ,,dont giveup yet ive had loads symbian devices bricked during flashing and managed to deadflash them with phoenix software and jaf,,,i havent a clue if theese options are available for theese devices/OS hope you find a fix to wake your streak soon

3 Posts

October 9th, 2011 14:00

It's interesting to point out that not everyone has received the update in the US yet. i've owned my Dell Streak for the last two months and I have yet to receive an OTA notification to upgrade. Further, after waiting for friday to come and go, then trying to install it manually, I got a FOTA Model Mismatch error.

If anyone else needs more proof that Dell cares nothing for how their products and customers are supported, keep reading. Otherwise, go buy from another company and stop wasting your time.

3 Posts

October 9th, 2011 15:00

This doesn't do anything other than warn me all data will be erased, it goes to the android with the box screen, says formatting and then reboots to 2.2, with all of my data intact. Got another one for me to debunk?

3 Posts

October 9th, 2011 20:00

I called Dell support and ran circles of decribing the problem up-front in detail- the technician asked me the same questions which had been answered (following a script obviously) and eventually after having exhausted options to recover they said they would be sending me a box to return the unit to them for repair or replacement.  They stated that te new system I receive will have 3.x of system software already on it.

While satisfield with the swap for a working unit and a round-about admission that there is a problem here I don't appreciate the script reading.  Skill and experience earns business and customer server keeps it.  Dell is a little lacking here and should consider pulling some of their support operations out of Costa Rico and India.

Will let all know when the new unit arrives and what is actually sent.. a new unit or refurb.. I bought new, I expect new.

October 10th, 2011 09:00

No, it's more proof that they're still rolling out the update. When was it promised to be here again? I don't recall dell giving a definitive date, more of a general time...It is obvious and stated over and over and over again and we are all well area that Dell still didn't handle it in the best manner, but hey- you'll get over it eventually. And when you do, you'll likely find something else to be upset about. Don't waste your energy in the forums whining- take time to write the folks that make things happen like corporate...Unless you're okay with simply venting and not expecting anything more out of it.

October 10th, 2011 12:00

Does anyone have any idea why I have still not got a update notification. I have the wifi only version. If you have no answer could I get the link and instructions to do it myself.

Thank you

8 Posts

October 10th, 2011 14:00

I have the Dell Streak 7 Wifi only (bought on the US) and received the notification. I think you can also got to "Settings - About phone" and the first option was to search for an update.

1 Message

October 18th, 2011 11:00

i am new to tablets. is there a dell streak 7 manual that will tell me how to use the new upgrade. i had figured out the 2.2, but i am absolutely lost. with .32

10 Posts

October 18th, 2011 12:00

What version do you have?

US or Europe?

Is it Wifi or 4G?

It depends...

Once you know which package to download.

Save it to the root of the external SD card.

Rename it to the file to "update" same extension.

Turn device off.

Turn device on while holding + volume key.

Don't let go until you get a menu.

Select update trough SD card.

Follow steps...

8 Posts

October 18th, 2011 13:00

The install instructions are on this forum.

en.community.dell.com/.../android-3-2-honeycomb-update-to-dell-streak-7.aspx

Also I had posted something in my blog. I have a Dell Streak 7 Wifi.

martin.iturbide.com

3 Posts

October 20th, 2011 08:00

As of 10/19, I have not received an update for my streak7 wi-fi, using the settings- about-check for updates route.  No notice on the main page drop down, either.  I live in NY state, USA and purchased the unit from Staples.  How long should I wait before contacting Dell.  I can't recall if I registered the unit, is this necessary?

No Events found!