Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 6th, 2020 13:00

Dell venue 8 pro 5830 touch screen tap enters opposite

It was working fine suddenly it boots to bitdefender screen when I try to put code in the on screen keyboard taps opposite backwards , if I tap 1 it lights up opposite side of screen like 1 lights up backspace then sometimes I tap on keyboard and enters random keys.

So I put a external mouse keyboard on I enter the 48bit code for  bitdefender and it says it's incorrect. When I first got the tablet it did have the tap entering problem , I changed something in BIOS and it worked fine till now it has win 10 now, I haven't found 2hat I set BIOS to, so main issues with random tapping and bitdefender oh forgot I did try and use the skip for now option it didn't work tried using the menu for reinstall Windows it wouldn't let me, strange the curser moves backwards direction when you try and move it with the osk but works fine with external keyboard. I hope someone can help Thanks folks

18 Posts

January 29th, 2020 17:00

If you replace your Touch Lcd Screen you will need this Firmware to get touch and mouse working correctly.

I'm back to answer my own question, I searched since I last posted this, as I said before this had happened once before the horizontal axis was reversed from where you touched. Forget the BitLocker problem thats for another time.

I had found a link in Google, it spoke of mouse axis  X and Y, Y being the horizontal.  On the keyboard  if you tap number 1 it would indicate the equal key would light up.

Sorry I'm repeating myself, the link went to IFIXIT , ill put a link to it ,                  Dell Venue 8 Pro inverted x-axis touchscreen? - Dell Windows Tablet - iFixit

There will be a few post's in one you'll find a link to OneDrive I'll put link for it,

Reflash - OneDrive  I hope this link works, it where the file is, there's 5 items in the reflash folder, I had a hard time figuring how to flash the file. I'm not knowledgeable on flashing this type , I gave info on how I got it done. I just flashed the first folder im guessing it was for Y axis, please read all the info there before you flash anything <<< iTS AT YOUR ON RISK. . Once again , IF YOU REPLACED YOUR TOUCH LCD SCREEN YOU WILL NEED THIS FIRMWARE.

I dropped my DV8P  , I found a person on ebay that sold me a used in perfect condition screen with the frame for $14.00 free ship and they really went the distance helping me, look on ebay for UET they have all the parts you'll need to repair  your tablet, Thank you to all 

2 Posts

January 22nd, 2022 00:00

My display stopped working. I replaced it with model Innolux N080ICE Rev C2 display. The tablet works well with a wireless mouse and keyboard. However, the touchscreen does not work. For example, I have to swipe from left to right to display the settings, power, etc instead of swiping from right to left. It's very erratic. I don't know if I have to download any driver for the Innolux display.

Shall appreciate your help to make the touchscreen behave. Thanks.

18 Posts

January 22nd, 2022 20:00

I left a link you can also search ifixit is where I left the the files. It’s the firmware you have to flash make it revert back to the way it should work . You can also try the Dell drivers firmware for the screen . It’s not hard and actually you only have to flash 1 of the files ( I’ve been told not sure ) and some how I bought  2 extra Dell own screens that I still have and I bought extra venue 8 pro to get a screen but was able to fix it so I have a pile of them now but one needs battery so I’m hoping it won’t need firmware to put battery in check the links or ifixit 

2 Posts

January 28th, 2022 07:00

Thanks very much. I have decided to use the tablet with a wireless keyboard and mouse along with a 24 in TV monitor! No hassles so far.

No Events found!