Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

November 20th, 2014 17:00

Dell venue 8 shutdown /sleep issue

My Dell venue 8 Pro won't shutdown or go into sleep mode but instead just boots back up into Windows after about 15 seconds. The only way I can turn it off is either let the battery drain out or press the shutdown button and Volume down button continuously until it boots into a recovery mode and informs me there is an issue with shutdown and when I close this the tablet shuts down until I restart.

I have run the Dell diagnostics and was told there was an issue with bios (A09) and to update drivers and scan for viruses.  My Dell keeps trying to tell me to update a whole list of drivers but when I do I find they are already installed so I don't think MY DELL is actually reliable.

Is it possible to flash an older version of the BIOS eg A04 maybe and see if that solves the issues?

1 Message

December 19th, 2014 12:00

I have the exact same problem with my dell venue pro 8 I just received.. is there a fix for this it is very annoying and unless plugged in it is killing my battery.. it will not sleep and it will not stay shutdown..

Please fix immediately..

8 Posts

December 19th, 2014 18:00

I cured the problem by downloading all updates from Microsoft and dell and one of those solved my problem of being unable to shut it down our turn off our chop to sleep. Good luck .

915 Posts

December 19th, 2014 19:00

Thanks for the update!

No Events found!