Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 10th, 2013 04:00

Dell venue pro 8 - no response (Power problem)

Recently, my venue did NOT working at all. When I press power button, only red led is righting several times.

No any sound, no response, and fully charging. Someone advice to me a press power button and a minus volume button at same time, but it also no help at all. I think  it is power problem. There are many people who have same problem, but it is hard to get refund or fix it.

Dell Korea did not support its fix at all. The reason why it is that they don't sell this product locally, and it was from the U.S.

How can I do? Just throw away it? 

1 Message

July 22nd, 2014 15:00

Thank you!  This actually worked for me after several attempts using other suggestions listed.  It would appear holding the power button for 10 seconds releasing then holding for 2 seconds more is the trick. 

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2014 16:00

I've tried all the button combinations suggested here and my DVP8 hasn't responded to any of them. It charged overnight as usual but I can't get any response at all from it.

More help please.

December 25th, 2013 15:00

I have the same problem. It happened after the battery died out. The unit will no longer charge (I can tell because neither the charger or device gets warm when plugged in) or turn on. It worked fine for several charge cycles. I'm sending it back to Amazon for a replacement as no one seems to have a solution.

2 Posts

December 28th, 2013 20:00

I have the same issue.

Problems like these seem to be frequent.

Can someone from dell advise as to what should be done here?

how do I get a replacement for this device?

1 Message

January 5th, 2014 07:00

We have the same problem with it. We have had luck pressing the "on" and the "plus volume button" at the same time to get it to turn on.

1 Message

February 1st, 2014 08:00

I just bought my pro 8 and used it once when the exact same thing happened to me. Then I used your hint and it worked thank god. I was literally sick to my stomach to think this new expensive gift to myself was broken. Thank you for the tip but do we know why that happens and why pushing those two buttons work?

April 9th, 2014 17:00

Hold down the power button for 10 seconds and then hold it for 2 seconds.  It should restart.  Learned this from Dell support.

1 Message

April 11th, 2014 21:00

This worked for me! Thanks 

1 Message

April 26th, 2014 04:00

Hi,

I have the same problem and I've seen the windows reboots when I press the

"on" and "volume up" button same time.

But you can't call this as a fix by restarting windows every time this happens.

I would request a refund if there will be no fix for this.

I've updated windows and driver to latest version, and still having this problem.

3 Posts

May 6th, 2014 07:00

About a month ago, I started having power issues as well. My venue just cuts itself off at random times. The only pattern I can figure is that it does it after moving from one wifi network to another or when there is no wifi available (but it doesn't do it every time). When it does this, it is very difficult to get it to come back on. I have to hold the power button for several seconds then press it repeatedly (doesn't always work). Once, I had to connect the charging cable to get it to come back on.

Add this to the bluetooth and wifi issues and I'm holding one frustrating and expensive little piece of junk.

1 Message

May 7th, 2014 02:00

I've been having the same "power issues" the thing is it isn't a power issue, it appears to be sleep/hibernation problem. The venue can have a full charge walk away it goes to sleep, then it can take up to and possibly longer before I can use the side tricks. This time it was a sleep for 3 days. I charge it with the original cord and power supply, so that isn't the issue. I have left it off the power for two days now and at 3 this morning I tried these tricks and it woke up, and it has a full battery charge. Conclusion not a power issue. At first we thought it was an issue with the case and the magnetic closures actually turning it back on and draining the battery. I haven't had it in the case for 5 days and it still happened... The work around are not a resolution to the problem., especially if it stays asleep for days. It is a noble device when it goes to sleep not everyone is near a power source that is from an electrical power source. What if I'm driving or on an airplane what good is it....or one better you go into a meeting with a customer you go to pull up a presentation and the tablet won't wake up....it is a sleep on the job! So it needs to be fired...

2 Posts

June 22nd, 2014 09:00

I'm not a super expert, but all indicators are that Dell's Venue 8 Pro has a Battery Memory issue, it is when you overcharge or charge the battery constantly instead of running it down and charge again. I found if you let the venue sit a while off the charger it will turn on after a couple of hours. 

Also run the battery down before recharging. It works for me and I don't have the issue anymore. I think Dell needs to update the firmware to fix this.

915 Posts

June 22nd, 2014 21:00

It generally is recommended NOT to generally run down modern electronics batteries, as this can stress the battery. An exception is occasionally, to recalibrate the battery gauge.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 22nd, 2014 19:00

Got it, charged it, second day using it it just went and died. Though I knew I had battery left, I recharged and it sat for twelve hours. Turned it on and so far so good. I thought I'd hit the wrong key though I had no fingers on the screen or sides. 

Im on the second charge and am monitoring usage. 

1 Message

July 24th, 2014 12:00

this is not working for me, I have tried it repeatedly within the last hour. Battery was fully charged when it went to sleep. I see that this is a "Verified Answer" but apparently it only works for some.
No Events found!