Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 10th, 2013 04:00

Dell venue pro 8 - no response (Power problem)

Recently, my venue did NOT working at all. When I press power button, only red led is righting several times.

No any sound, no response, and fully charging. Someone advice to me a press power button and a minus volume button at same time, but it also no help at all. I think  it is power problem. There are many people who have same problem, but it is hard to get refund or fix it.

Dell Korea did not support its fix at all. The reason why it is that they don't sell this product locally, and it was from the U.S.

How can I do? Just throw away it? 

157 Posts

July 25th, 2014 20:00

Hi, Adam,

Try a longer press - say twenty seconds and then leave it on the charger for an hour or two. I read somewhere, maybe here, some speculation that a static charge builds up and can trick the charge circuit into thinking that the battery is too depleted to start the device -or- too charged to start to charge. 

This may not help, but it won't hurt. Good luck with this.

1 Message

July 26th, 2014 08:00

another unhappy customer here! I have the same problem. Looks like Dell has the problem!!!

1 Message

July 29th, 2014 06:00

I have the EXACT same problem! Unfortunately I haven't been able to figure out a solid way to fix or work around it, but I'm going to be going to the local computer center soon and if nothing can be done then I'll talk with Dell directly.

2 Posts

September 7th, 2014 13:00

This worked great - thanks.

915 Posts

This worked great - thanks.

. . .

Above refers to suggestion to hold power button for 10 seconds, then for two seconds.

Great to hear!  Thanks for posting the success.

2 Posts

Above refers to suggestion to hold power button for 10 seconds, then for two seconds.

September 7th, 2014 15:00

After I posted this a Dell update fixed my problem.  Although I occasionally use this, it is not common anymore.  

If you are having this problem, check to make sure all that the Dell update that solved this problem has been run on your computer.

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2014 17:00

I've tried all the button combinations suggested here and none have worked, my DVP8 won't start up. It charged overnight as usual so that shouldn't be the problem.

More help please.

(apologies if this is a duplicate I exited from my post).

915 Posts

October 3rd, 2014 11:00

1 Message

November 25th, 2014 15:00

Is this a known fix or are you just taking a wild guess?

1 Message

July 25th, 2015 00:00

I have also facing a same problem please help me to solve that power problem..

1 Message

July 27th, 2015 08:00

my dell venue 8 tablet will not power on, Read comments in forum but still no power

2 Posts

July 30th, 2015 16:00

Well, I finally had to the same problem where I couldn't power it up. Called support, got a box within a day, sent it in, got it back in perfect working condition about 5 days later.

1 Message

August 13th, 2015 07:00

With my DVP8, it was not properly going to sleep which meant it didn’t come out of sleep mode. The screen would go black, but you could tell (if you were in a dark room) the backlight did not turn off. Needless to say, with the backlight on, the unit did not hold a charge very long.

I could press the power button for about 15-18 seconds which would cause the backlight to turn off. Then, pressing the power button would cause the unit to come out of sleep mode. However, if the unit was fully discharged, the unit doesn’t come on and the power button momentarily turns red when you push it.

Yesterday, I upgraded the BIOS from Version A04 to A11. The driver can be found at
www.dell.com/.../advanced

It seems to have resolved the issue for me. I was able to reproduce the problem previously at will and now it works fine.

--- Update 9/2/15 ---

The unit worked fine for a short while (i.e. a week).  However, now the unit requires me to press the power button for 10 seconds to turn it on.  The unit's power on operation is different than before the BIOS update. It seems very similar to what others have been posting.

The unit does frequently discharge quickly even with no use and I set the OS power settings to go into hibernate.  I've looked at the OS battery report but haven't been able to definitely determine what is causing the unit to come out of hibernate and turn on.

No Events found!