Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

March 19th, 2014 21:00

Display driver has stopped working Venue 11 pro 5130

Display driver has stopped working Venue 11 pro 5130. The screen will go black and windows will recover the display driver. This just started to happen recently. No changes to the tablet. I am so disappointed with this tablet. Nothing but problems from keyboard issues, wifi issues, and now display adaptor issues. Dude you have a Dell....... Calling support for over sea's outsourcing is not an option and these boards are only replied by users and some guy named Brain who will never answer any of my support issues.

24 Posts

March 20th, 2014 23:00

Can I get a reply on this issue please?

6 Posts

April 11th, 2014 21:00

Just had this happen to me. DV11P, atom processor. Intel HD Graphics Driver Verision: 10.18.10.3366 Driver Date: 11/26/2013 It said "graphics adapter has stopped working and has recovered" or something like that. What the hell happened? I knew I should have disabled windows update!! That's what I think is the culprit.

33 Posts

April 12th, 2014 07:00

try to uninstall display driver and download and reinstall driver

6 Posts

April 12th, 2014 17:00

My concern with that is, with an uninstalled display driver, how would the display still work at all, let alone properly??

33 Posts

April 13th, 2014 06:00

download the display driver first. When you uninstall the display driver, it just makes the resolution super small so everything is displayed super big.

24 Posts

April 14th, 2014 14:00

The lack of any help from Dell is pathetic! I didn't know when I purchased this product I would have to learn to become a Technician and provide my own support. Dell gets a big fat "F" and "U" for support.

What I did was uninstall the driver through device manager and let windows install a generic driver. Reboot and everything is fine.  Then download Intel Z3700 series chipset Driver located here http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/dell-venue-11-pro/drivers 

These have the Intel HD drivers. Reboot and you should no longer have the issue. 

It would of taken a Dell representative a few minutes to provide the information that took me a week of trouble shooting and trying different things before I figured out the Graphics driver was bundled into the Intel chipset drivers. 

11 Posts

April 14th, 2014 22:00

I have had this problem ever since I got my 5130 in December.

Recently it had been having this problem about once every few hours.

I will try out your fix. I hope it works!

Thanks for posting. And yes, Dell support is pretty pathetic.

24 Posts

April 14th, 2014 23:00

Let me know if it worked for you. So far mine has been trouble free.

April 14th, 2014 23:00

I've had this problem all along, once or twice a day, sometimes more. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't have any effect. My previous Venue 11 Pro, which I returned to help Dell diagnose a WiFi problem, had the same issue. Dell hasn't done anything about either issue, and I don't think they will. They have given up on Windows tablets.

19 Posts

April 17th, 2014 10:00

I had this problem too.....just another one of the issues.....I really wish I never bought this tablet.

If anyone from DELL is reading this please, please can I have my money back?

6 Posts

April 21st, 2014 08:00

I uninstalled the old driver, downloaded the Intel z3700 series chipset driver (4/4/2014, version 603.9600.2067.27988,A06). 

I thought this fixed my problem, but the screen just blanked and came back on after 5 seconds. Display driver stopped working EVEN WITH THE UPDATED DRIVER.

I was working in Excel, entering data in a worksheet that contained a graph. Also had a small presentation open in powerpoint, a half dozen tabs in chrome, and a PDF file open in adobe reader.

28 Posts

June 12th, 2014 15:00

I am having this problem as well. Has a fix been located?  I tried tech support with no assistance to date.

50 Posts

August 12th, 2014 09:00

I'd like to bump this post. I'm seeing the issue myself. Is there any update from Dell on this? It's very frustrating.

28 Posts

August 12th, 2014 11:00

None  that I have heard about.   I keep hoping as it seriously impacts use of projectors with the tablet. 

11 Posts

August 12th, 2014 12:00

Sadly, the only real solution I have found is to sell the device and replace it with one from a manufacturer who cares about fixing bugs.

My experience with Dell has been incredibly discouraging.

No Events found!