Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

September 10th, 2010 19:00

Having a hard time answering calls on my Streak!!!

Does someone here is having the same problem? Everytime I tried answering any incoming calls after a long period of time being on stand by, it seems no matter what bottom I pressed or push... nada!!  I can't answer my calls.  It's very wierd cause after I have all this issues and I try calling myself I don't have any more issues. It just happends when the phone has been sleeping for a while!! Can someone help me with this?

September 11th, 2010 15:00

My phone is getting worst!!! Now I can't type on my message box (landscape mode) when txting.... and when I press delete bottom the number 2 or 3 show in the txt box.... It's driving me crazy!!

And there is more!!  I got an email whe I press the notification bar and click on the new email... no response... the screen was not responding no matter where I press. 

I'm calling Dell right now to have this fix.... I need my phone!!!

*Every new phone has bugs (first day with iphone.. "dead pixels") so I'm not so worry about it.  It just bugs me cause it happends when you depend on your phone the most!!!

10 Posts

September 12th, 2010 11:00

something similar happend to me just now, received a few phone calls right after each other, with the 4th call the screen was turned on but black (no answer/ignore call), even standby button pressed twice didnt solve it, screen was lit, t-mobile showing in the status bar but the rest of the screen was black. After the call the phone was completely sluggish. 

I checked with my task killer (i read u shouldnt use it on android) and I had 40mb left of memory, not alot but then again not too little to answer a simple phone call..after clearing memory n having 250mb available again the phone was relieved from it's sluggishness and the phone  calls that followed then didnt cause any problem.

Now I'm asking myself, should i keep using the task manager to kill off unnecessary tasks or not. I know that when 2.1 or 2.2 comes along a task manager is not required but being on 1.6, it seems like it's not dealing well with the memory which then affect's simple tasks such as answering calls.

September 12th, 2010 21:00

Dell Fix My Problem!! They are replacing the unit!! I will post if there are any more issues with the new unit...

Racso_Streak5

14 Posts

December 10th, 2010 22:00

My does this too.  I will often get a completely black screen but the phone will continue to ring but it's impossible to answer since no "answer" button is showing.  There are also times when the screen looks normal but nothing happens when I push on the answer button.  I suspect I will need to return it to Dell.

57 Posts

December 13th, 2010 02:00

Mine intermittently doesn't have any audio with Bluetooth.

No Events found!