Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2011 12:00

Honeycomb on Unlocked T-Mobile Streak 7

I have a T-Mobile Dell Streak 7. I recently received the unlock code and successfully unlocked my device. Does anyone know if this will allow me to get the Honeycomb update?

Thanks in advance.

17 Posts

November 16th, 2011 12:00

Through the official update route, no.  You'll have to follow the manual rooting and loading of HC.  It's absurd, but that's somehow what T-Mobile & Dell have decided to drop support for those particular devices.

2 Posts

November 29th, 2011 22:00

This is really disgusting dell can't support their product when for the same hw its lets upgrade from others but not t-mobile.

2 Posts

December 17th, 2011 08:00

Does anybody know what happens if the standard 3.2 package is applied to the T-Mobile Streak 7?  Do I lose the SMS capabilities? Will it still connect via 4G?

172 Posts

December 17th, 2011 11:00

You don't want to upgrade using the standard upgrade package, it will wipe out your modem and you will not be able to use the data connection. There is a special unofficial honeycomb upgrade package made for the T-Mobile ds7. Read this post.

streakblog.blogspot.com/.../streak-7-4g-unofficial-honeycomb-update.html

2 Posts

December 22nd, 2011 22:00

Thank you for the confirmation.  It took me a few tries to get the recoveries to match the zips, but I got it.  I can confirm that I still receive SMS text messages and can transfere data (wifi and 3G+).

No Events found!