Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

February 26th, 2018 22:00

Installing Windows 10 on Dell Latitude 10 St2e Solved

I have been struggling installing Windows 10 on a friend's Dell Latitude 10 ST2E  while I remembered I had been be able to use Windows 10 on the same model for all over two years. 

I reached out to Dell Support team via Twitter and they confirmed my model is not supported: http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln298840/latitude-10-and-10e-tablets-are-not-windows-10-compatible?lang=en.

What was the issue then?

Once the operating system was installed on the device, there was incompatibility with the graphics driver. Thus I couldn't play any video. With a single attempt the, the tablet would just crash and end up in the blue screen. At wit's end indeed. 

Enough me talking. Let me share the solution : 

-  Install Windows 10 1067 build (If you install the later version, the tablet will always crash due to the unsupported processor, click here to learn why)

- After the tablet has booted install the chipset driver from here

- Reboot the device

- Make sure the BIOS version of your device is A07. Use these steps to learn how to check the Bios version.

- If your system is running on Bios version lower than A07, then install this version

- Reboot the tablet, and the graphics issue is gone. 

That's it. Your comments are welcome! 

1 Message

December 8th, 2018 15:00

Hi

My Dell Latitude 10 ST2 with Intel Atom Z2760 (1.8 GHz, 2 GB RAM), BIOS A09, 4/2/2014 runs Windows 8 Pro Ver 6.5.9200.

I have some questions before going to install windows 10:

• Which 1067 release or date?
  • My BIOS version is A09, not A07 does it works?
  • After install windows 10 allow the automatic update or not?

Regards

1 Message

September 8th, 2019 05:00

What about the Wireless drivers?  I've got Win 10 installed and graphic's are working but can't get the wireless drivers installed/working.  This means it works great on the docking station with wired network but can't disconnect and go wireless.

Thanks,

TJ

No Events found!