Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2014 15:00

Java

I was just trying to update java , seemed ok then got 25025 error message saying uninstallation  incomplete.

how can I make Java work again? Been trying all day to figure out. I also noticed Java disappeared fron the control panel. I am on a venue pro 8. PLEASE HELP ME! Thank you

480 Posts

August 31st, 2014 00:00

You didn't say if you tried to reinstall it with a download from Java.com.

If you did, and it didn't work, maybe trying the Uninstall tool first would help.

Java Uninstall tool - http://www.java.com/en/download/uninstallapplet.jsp

16 Posts

August 31st, 2014 08:00

Jeff, This is really strange. There was just a windows update done and I figured I would try to install Java again and....It seems to have installed...it is back on the control panel. So Java seems good but now I cant print. Still says printer offline.Any suggestions how to fix this?

16 Posts

August 31st, 2014 08:00

Jeff, Thank you for trying to help me. There is nothing I see to uninstall in fact Java is now missing from the control panel. I tried to reinstall and still get error message. I am so frustrated. I wish I never went to update  Java. It was fine before. I only use it to print coupons. Now my Hp Printer 5514 says offline. I do not know how to fix this. It  does have a green check mark next to printer. It works fine from my IPAD so it is not offline..

I would appreciate any help.

16 Posts

August 31st, 2014 10:00

NOW...The printer says NOT CONNECTED...HELP!

480 Posts

August 31st, 2014 13:00

Glad you got Java back.   I update it all the time without a problem.  My thinking about the uninstall tool was that maybe there was something left behind messing things up.

I don't think I can be much help with the printer, but I Googled Windows Printer Offline, and saw a lot of links including this one specific to HP - http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/Windows-8-1-Printer-Offline-Issue/td-p/3819598

No Events found!