Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2012 15:00

Problem With Dell Streak 5 Restarting

I have just purchsed a second hand Dell Streak 5 on O2 and I was extremly happy with it until I tried to do a factory reset. The phone allowed me to go into th Factory Reset Option and everything seemed to be going ok, that is until the unit showed thep is sh O2 logo and then reset .. All the phone will know do on power show the Dell Logo for around 2 seconds and then power off and then back on again and continues with this loop ... I have managed to get to the O2 backdrop once after removing to battery for 10 minutes and then reinstalling it but then back to the loop ...

Please could anyone inform me if this problem can be solved or will I have to return the phone from where I purhcased it for a refund.

Thanks for any advise ..

500 Posts

April 10th, 2012 16:00

It sounds like you are having a boot loader issue. This requires a master reset using the hardware keys.

Start with your device completely turned off (not trying to boot up again)

1 Simultaneously press and hold the volume up button and volume down button .

2. Without releasing the volume buttons, press and hold the power button, until the device turns on the configuration screen.

3. Press the volume buttons to move the highlight bar on the screen to the Factory reset option.

4. Press the Camera button to start the reset process.

5. Wait for the device to reboot.

1 Message

June 16th, 2012 12:00

I thought my phone would never work again. I read so many terrible stories. Thank you for posting this. I followed it exactly and it worked. God BLESS YOU! I am so in love with my phone I did not want to upgrade to the Galaxy Note which seems like the only next best alternative...I still love my Streak 5 more.

2 Posts

June 18th, 2012 14:00

hi freinds after reading a good review from a site my friend purchased a dell streak 5. its coming in 18.5 k in india. well i want to knw about your view

thanxs

http://www.mobilepriceupdate.com/dell-streak-5-tablet-review-price-features

1 Message

August 15th, 2012 18:00

I need help on my Dell streak 5 phone, It keeps on rebooting/restarting and sometimes hangs, any suggestions on what should I do with it?

1 Message

August 24th, 2012 20:00

Am also having a problem with my dell streak 5, for some reason it won't turn back on although it brings back the side lights on and the dell log on.....Can any way one kindly help much as i have tried to press +vol and -vol simultaneously  and the power button but it won't make any difference.

any help will highly be appreciated.

thanks.

6 Posts

December 25th, 2012 18:00

My streak 5 will not reset when I try a factory reset. It doesn't respond. But it will boot up with the On button. Then after several minutes it will turn off displaying the dell logo, dead and unresponsive for a couple of hours. It goes blank and I can try it again but the same thing happens. Is there any reset button hidden on this

piece of junk?

March 2nd, 2013 04:00

Hello friend..  I am having a big problem with my dell mini 5 ..  when I am starting it up it just stuck on the dell logo ...  can you help me ? please ? I want to have me dell back ..  hoping for your response .. ^^  Godbless ..

March 2nd, 2013 05:00

I've tried the factory reset option but nothing happens ..  :((

1 Message

June 13th, 2013 19:00

I have the same issue, have tried most of the recovery and rom ...still it restarts...

1.  changed the internal memory

2. checked with other battery

3. disabled 3g

4. done factory reset

Anyone has resolved this issue???

So far understood, the frequency of restarts various depends on the roms and recovery ...certain roms works properly, other restart loops were frequent...

Any suggestion would be helpful...

6 Posts

June 15th, 2013 18:00

does not work. got any other suggestions.

2 Posts

June 24th, 2013 04:00

I bought a new dell streak 5 and it is not able to connect to the mtnl wifi and all my other devices connects easily . please tell me the solution of it .....

1 Message

August 21st, 2013 01:00

I have just purchsed a second hand Dell Streak 5 on O2 and I was extremly happy with it until I tried to do a factory reset. The phone allowed me to go into th Factory Reset Option and everything seemed to be going ok, that is until the unit showed thep is sh O2 logo and then reset .. All the phone will know do on power show the Dell Logo for around 2 seconds and then power off and then back on again and continues with this loop ... I have managed to get to the O2 backdrop once after removing to battery for 10 minutes and then reinstalling it but then back to the loop ...

Please could anyone inform me if this problem can be solved or will I have to return the phone from where I purhcased it for a refund.

Thanks for any advise ..

1 Message

August 28th, 2013 23:00

As you say it seems like you have a boot loader issue and this requires a master reset of phone.

contact the dell support.

No Events found!