Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 26th, 2010 05:00

Reply Yes if you want 2.2 NOW!!!!

its a no-brainer, the Streak its getting bad rep just for not having updated software and people dont even want to try this amazing device, so... DELL its either release it and become Top Dogs or watch your phone market go to waste......

7 Posts

August 27th, 2010 13:00

1. yes, so I will be able to open flash

2. I like to have key board font thicker.

I will give it a try, actually I have printed out UPS lable from dell for return.

Thank for your help.

3 Posts

August 27th, 2010 15:00

Do you have a Streak?  I do, and 1.6 works fine on it. Dell announced they will release 2.2 soon so it is really not a big deal as most Android phones are not using 2.1 or 2.2 and only some have been releasing 2.1/2 recently

73 Posts

August 27th, 2010 15:00

There are some bugs in Android 1.6 and features like flash that all us Streak owners can't wait to get our hands on. My problem with 1.6 is I can't fully connect the bluetooth on my Streak with all bluetooth enabled devices like our Mazda 3.

So YES update to 2.2 like next week please.

August 27th, 2010 16:00

Of course i do, do you think i  would be in a Dell Streak Forum if I didn't have one???, c'mon seriously, you could buy a car without air conditioner but that doesn't make it a good idea now does it?, you could have the Dell Streak with outdated software while others dont, but that doesn't make it a good idea does it?

think before you speak, "most android phones are not using 2.1 or 2.2?" get your dell streak out and do a quick google search on it and you'll see. 

23 Posts

August 27th, 2010 20:00

As someone that had a nexus one with 2.2 on it and know's what a phone with can do is why want 2.2 on my streak.

2 Posts

August 28th, 2010 11:00

sure do, heck i guess i need them to sell in Canada first though!!!!

33 Posts

August 28th, 2010 18:00

Oh Heck yeah - though 1.6 is working great for me, I've none of the major bugs (like browsing the market in landscape or portrait works fine for me) so I'd prefer a stable 2.2  LoL

August 29th, 2010 10:00

I've always been extremely interested in technology, and spend a lot of time reading forums/news sites, so I like to think I'm up to date on the latest developments, as well as consumer opinion.

Therefore, I can't stress this enough: If a 2.2 update isn't released very soon, the Streak will be a total failure. I love my streak, but when you're looking to buy a new phone, no-one's going to pay more for a device that's running an older OS than pretty much every phone in the shop.

So Dell, YES I would like an Android 2.2 update, and I'd like it ASAP.

3 Posts

August 30th, 2010 14:00

YES.  I'd like ot be able to use newer apps, including tethering, Flash and enjoy the speed increase. 

Also, not quite on post, but have any of you used the HDMI port on the docking station?  I've gotten flaky results (a quick flash of the image on my HDTV, then _No Connection Detected_. 

MAX

12 Posts

August 31st, 2010 02:00

Yes.  The competition has newer O.S. and better network already.  (Sprint EVO).

3 Posts

August 31st, 2010 16:00

2.2 will be huge for the streak. I've actually known two people that considered the streak, before I did, and didn't get it because it was running 1.6.  I think the streak is way better than my iPhone 3g even with my streak running 1.6, however, I wouldn't have purchased the streak if I didn't know that Dell promised to release 2.2 by the end of the year.  Browsing the web is amazing on this phone, I can't wait to get flash.

I just hope "by the end of the year" means sooner rather than later.  It will make a huge impact for an already awesome device.

September 1st, 2010 01:00

Yes, for Android 2.2:emotion-1:

17 Posts

November 9th, 2010 17:00

YES..........2.2 NOW!

5 Posts

November 9th, 2010 19:00

No, I don't see a need for Dell's 2.2 update.  I am currently using Stephen Hydes's 1.2 version on my AT&T streak and it works fine, plus it has wifi hotspot ability. The hotspot ability I would almost garantee is locked out of Dell's version due to the phone going to AT&T market.

So I don't see where Dell's version is going to gain anything over what I am using today!!

November 10th, 2010 05:00

yes lets get our equipment back to how it should be

No Events found!