Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2011 14:00

SD Card not recognised “Dell Streak”

Good Day all, hope someone can assist me. I received my Dell streak back today after 3 months in the UK for repairs.  It was sent in for repairs for the Mic, I could not make any voice calls. When I switched the replacement on for the first time, I joined it to the wireless and checked for an update. Update 2.2.2 was available. I copied the link, and downloaded the file directly from Dell on my computer: ""Streak_351_15609_00.pkg"" This is an unlocked Dell Streak 5". I formatted at 8 Gig SD (Fat32) copied the update file to the SD card and renamed it to update.pkg.  Turned off the Dell, held both volume buttons and then turned it on, selected update from update.pkg.

Update loaded 100%. Streak restarted and continued to setup the device. However now the dell does not recognise the SD Card. Following options are greyed out:

Mount SD Card “Insert an SD card to be mounted” I have tested 2 different SD card that I used in my streak before repairs and they both don’t work. However the same SD card work in my Laptop, and 2 other phones. I thought it was the phone giving problems again. I put a different update.pkg on the SD card, started up with the volume buttons held in then the power.

The phone finds the update.pkg and tries to update the phone. So before the phone starts up, the SD is recognised. After the phone starts up, its not recognised.

Phone Details:

Android 2.2.2

Baseband Version:

GAUSB1A135100-EU

Kernel:

2.6.32.9-perf

Build:

Steps I have taken to fix the issue:

Formatting the SD Card in Fat32, NTFS, exFat and Fat. Made sure the SD card is firmly inserted.

Tested updating the firmware again from SD card, Loads 100% fine, but once the phone starts up, cannot access the SD Card.

When I plug the Streak into the laptop, drivers are installed and nothing else happens.

3 or 4 factory Resets

Both SD cards tested worked before in my Dell Streak, one is a Micro 2 and the other is not.

Can anyone Please point me in the right direction to fixing this, I can’t send the streak back to the UK. I am in South Africa and the and it almost cost the amount of the phone to get it there and back

How come I can load an update.pkg from the SD Card but not access the SD card from Within Android

1 Message

August 8th, 2011 08:00

OMG!  that just happened to me last night!!!!!!  I have reset re-everything.  Looked all over internet and this poor site and nothing.  After I had to wipe everything it ( the streak) itself has been horrible!  I am about to trash it or call tech support AGAIN.  Although that is what got me in the mess I'm in now!  so I feel your pain.  Just going to keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone has a suggestion!  GOOD LUCK!

August 10th, 2011 02:00

Hi, After playing around I figured a few ways to fix the issue. The Simplest suggestion I can give you is to insert your SD card into any other Adroid device, format it there, and then put it back into your streak, You should now be able to use the SD Card. Another suggestion is to use a custome rom, I am currently using Simple Streak, A developer (Spidla) has taken the official Deal stream rom, ripped out all the addition stuff dell put into the rom and re-packaged it. The result is the latest version of Android for streak, with all the addition junk and software remove. Much faster and 100% stable. Simple Streak Details: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.phpHead over to android.modaco.com to take a look at Steve's latest beta build if you interested. Host the Word 1.9.1 is using Froyo Gingerstreak using gingerbread. android.modaco.com/.../436-dell-streak-5-streakmodacocom Hope this info has helped you !

2 Posts

July 7th, 2013 20:00

Did you ever find out a fix to this issue?

July 7th, 2013 23:00

Morning,

Yes, I did resolve this issue, I installed the custom rom. updated link :

Forum : www.modaco.com/.../436-dell-streak-5-streakmodacocom

Download for latest Gingerbread ROM: www.modaco.com/.../348212-rom-streakdroid-gingerstreak-244-release-r1

I sold my Streak a while ago, but if you need any help resolving an issue let me know.

No Events found!