Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

April 10th, 2011 20:00

Streak Data Port Not Working

Has anyone else experienced this: The male end of the data cable just did not go into the port easily. Eventually it just would not charge or recognize the cable was plugged in.  On Friday, Dell concurred that it was a manufacturing defect and they have agreed to replace the phone as it is still under warranty.  Has anyone received a replacement Streak from Dell? If so, how long did it take?  Also, can anyone recommend a good app for moving all of my apps to the SD card so I can just switch cards when I get the new Streak. Thanks in advance

6 Posts

May 17th, 2011 08:00

I have the Dell streak 7, Have SAME issue, the pins on the connector on the device are not "glued" the right way to the board, and when you plug your device in, the pin gets lifted, and the pushed inside the device which cause it NOT to CHARGE, and the device it seld to be confused, this has happen to me TWICE, the first time it took DELL 45 days to get me a NEW Device, they Tell me it will be 3 Weeks for the 2nd Time around for the Same Issue.

1 Message

September 23rd, 2011 10:00

How did you get the replacement from Dell. I  do not have any mail ID where I can lodge a complaint. I have purchased Dell streak 5 two -three months ago and since last one month I am facing charging and data port issue. If no replacement is provided , I will approach consumer court. If you have any e mail address for Dell please provide the same. Thanks.

1 Message

February 12th, 2012 12:00

I have a problem with my Data Port as well, it does not recognize the cable, and it will not charge my Dell Streak 7.

On  Feb 10,2012 after two weeks Dell returned my Dell Streak 7 without repair, because I was not willing to pay $299 for replacement or $249 for repair.

The Dell rep. from INDIA was very Rude and would not admit that this was a Manufacturing Defect.

I contacted T-Mobile they said whatever Dell says we have to go with, even though my Dell Streak 7 is 1 of lines in my Family plan with T-Mobile after more than

8 Years of customer loyalty i did get even an offer for a discount on another TABLET offered by T-Mobile.

Has anyone found a resolve to the Data Port issue ? Repair, Replacement or Trade-in, Whatever please HELP!!!

February 27th, 2012 12:00

I have the same problem with my son Dell Streak 7. I also spoke to a representative that was from India and he to was very rude. The representative told me up front that it is accidental damage and I would have to pay $249 for repair without even looking at the product. In my data port the pins have came loose from the board and I know this is a manufacture issue but they are trying to get over on people.

No Events found!