Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2010 10:00

Streak Now Available in Canada

The Dell Streak is now available in Canada. See this link for more information: http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/Direct2Dell/b/direct2dell/archive/2010/11/10/dell-streak-pocket-tablet-coming-to-canada-exclusively-through-rogers-communications.aspx

This is the current list of countries Streak is being sold in.

• Australia - October 1, 2010
  • US - August 13, 2010
  • France - August 5, 2010
  • Germany - August 5, 2010
  • UK - June 4, 2010

As the Streak becomes available in new countries, I will update this post.

Thank you!

Amy

October 6th, 2010 01:00

Hi,

That was great to know that  Dell Streak is already available in india...At last my friend can  buy that one product in there place....

Thanks for the information that yu've share with us here..keep posting..

64 Posts

October 6th, 2010 02:00

Thats great news ...would love to grab hold of one soon

1 Message

October 6th, 2010 05:00

As far as I know, it's not yet available for purchase and will be actually available from October 15 only. I think Dell and TATA DoCoMo are taking pre-orders as of now. Not sure if the streaks are going to be locked to DoCoMo or not - but I doubt it. The price is a shade below INR 35,000.

A sidenote - it would've been good if Dell had given a little more notice on this (and I'm talking as an Indian who got his Dell Streak from the UK a couple of days back).

14 Posts

October 19th, 2010 06:00

where is hong kong..?

here already start to sell month before....

1 Message

November 5th, 2010 00:00

I bought streak this week in mumbai,india.The bluetooth is not working properly.I have htc hd2 as well.It pairs with hd2 but does not connect.I call dell service support no. at least three times,but I always got the same reply,give us your mobile no and someone will call you within one hour.I still have not received any call from dell.I came to conclusion that dell is charging premium price Rs.34500 for streak in india with out any support.In short dell is cheating indian consumers.I am taking this to local consumer forum.

9 Posts

November 15th, 2010 23:00

Hi Amy,

I was about to place an order on dell.ca for a Streak yesterday, until my researching of this tablet found the announcement Dell made that Android 2.2 Froyo is now being made available to existing unlocked versions of this device...late December for unlocked versions.

When can I place my order for the model with this newer OS pre-installed (as oppose to the older Android 1.6 version)?

Thanks,

Helry

27 Posts

November 19th, 2010 22:00

Dear vasant3, I too bought Dell in Mehsana, Ahmedabad Area. There are still some issues with Dell Streak which are hardware related. Your problem is related to 1.6 version which does not allow file transfer and can only be used probably for devices like headphones. The low sound continues to be an issue, whereas, with 2.2 upgrade your issue will most probably be resolved. Another problem is using your phone as a modem which was very easy with my earlier Symbiam SE P990i. With Android devices you are supposed to tether your device either thru USB or BT. This is a paid application if you want to access secure sites. Earlier I had no problem with use of my old phone as modem but this new application requires 3G, which is very irritating as signals continue to be dropped, otherwise it is a lot faster. The battery life, even with 1530, is very less, sometimes not even lasting a full working day. The pouch supplied is also a joke as it tends to wrap the protective film giving the phone a shoddy look. Going thru all these posts, one thing is clear, Dell is very poor at addressing its customers' woes, even though being touted as no. 1 computer company in India (source FT). Also there is no indicator except notification area for missed calls/messages (say how about a flashing LED). Although a nice effort by Dell, it still needs to catch up in few areas.

3 Posts

December 24th, 2010 14:00

When are getting new colors, unlocked version at dell.ca and Bestbuy and finally FROYO????

Canada is left out again

27 Posts

January 3rd, 2011 09:00

Well, the joy and euphoria are quite shortlived as I join the disgruntled club from being a proud owner of Dell Streak. My phone lost all sound in the earpiece. Speaker and headphones are still in working order. This happened after only less than 2 months of use. I tried to find a solution on this site. But as the Dell has been made famous for treating its customers, I got the information that there is no warranty for my service tag and that it has expired. Quite clever. Dell does not gaurantee or warrantee its products for even two months. or i have to yet purchase the services. After 35k down the drain who would even imagine throwing good money after the bad one. well if anyone has a number or location where i can get my phone inspected, please do inform me as i have full faith on Dell not to respond to the problem till it is contacted directly again and again.

1 Message

January 3rd, 2011 18:00

Hi Amy,

I ordered my streak from Dell.ca and I received my streak on 21st Dec but it died on 29th Dec. This unit is locked to Rogers. I requested tech support to send me a red one instead that is not locked(or unlocked) . Tech support is saying that I have to receive the replacement first, then start the return process and order the red one again, that means i will be without device for a long time. I suggested tech support to send me the red unlocked device as the replacement that will save time and money for "Dell" as well as for me. Can you please help me.

Streakys 

January 6th, 2011 17:00

Hi Amy,

I ordered my streak from Dell.ca and I received my streak on 21st Dec but it died on 29th Dec. This unit is locked to Rogers. I requested tech support to send me a red one instead that is not locked(or unlocked) . Tech support is saying that I have to receive the replacement first, then start the return process and order the red one again, that means i will be without device for a long time. I suggested tech support to send me the red unlocked device as the replacement that will save time and money for "Dell" as well as for me. Can you please help me.

Streakys 

GOOD LUCK!!!! lol

January 23rd, 2011 16:00

HI AMY I WILL LIKE TO ASK YOU WHEN THE UPDATE 2.2 FROYO WILL BE IN CANADA FOR THE DELL STREAK LOCK TO ROGERS

I BOUT MI  DELL STREAK FROM DELL ....ONLY LOCK TO ROGERS ...NOT A GOOD ......IT WILL BE NICE IF DELL WILL TELL THE PEOPLE

WHEN WILL BE THE UPDATE READY  .......I NOW ROGERS  AND DELL  HAVE A   CONTRACT....IF YOU BUY THE DELL STREAK FROM DELL 

DIRECT  IT IS NICE TO HAVE THE UPDATE...FIRST ........DELL PLEASE DONT LEAVE US COLD.........WE NEED THE 2.2 FROYO......

THANK  YOU.............DIEGO

7 Posts

February 16th, 2011 19:00

Hi Amy,

I have ordered a Unlocked Dell streak and received a Dell streak locked with Roges, How to get it unlocked. The Tech Support guys are not providing any positive inputs.

March 25th, 2011 15:00

I live in the Great White North also. I have purchased my Dell Streak (black) from a Rogers kiosk. Good service so far. I'm a bit concerned that few outlets carry the Streak. I don't think Dell did a very good job marketing this device, as I had not heard of it until I stumbled upon it just by chance while walking through the local mall. It was the very thing I was looking for, a hybrid phone/tablet. Problem is it's hard to find amongst the forest of rival cellphones. I've only seen Rogers and Future Shop carrying it. And just try to find a case for it.... Even Dell seems to carry few accessories for it, treating it like the ugly stepchild someone forced on them.

This has the potential to be a terrific product. It just needs proper handling and listening to customer input. Hey, Dell! Are you listening?

By the way, I got a little help from Rogers and upgraded to Froyo 2.2 no problem.

10 Posts

April 5th, 2011 14:00

Good for Canada, you have abundant supply.

I ordered the Streak directly from Dell's website here in the states and my order's estimated delivery of 4/8 has now been pushed back two weeks more to 4/22.  We are having a drought of this device.

No Events found!