Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2011 12:00

Streak7 blank screen on boot

Hi all, 

a friend of mine, give to me a dell strek7 but after an hour of use (no update or strange things) the screen got blank.

i try to:

- recharge it (all night).

- reset with a paper clip.

no way, when i power-up only a blak screen appear, no dell logo or other error message.

I think its an hardware problem but anyone have some idea??

thanx

172 Posts

November 7th, 2011 20:00

Try to see if you can boot into recovery mode by holding down the Volume +, and the Power button, until you it boot into recovery mode. If you are successful, run the option to reset to factory setting.

1 Message

November 7th, 2011 20:00

yeah i have same problem, my DS  often restart by itself.....

i wonder, there abaut the sofware of hardware???

anyone can tell us, how to fix it??

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 10th, 2011 08:00

Hello, I've got a problem connected with booting my Dell Streak 7.

I've tried to download OTA update to 3.2 at least three times, and finally I got the file. When I opened the file, dialog message with two buttons- update now, update later, didn't work correctly. I mean, it rebooted Streak, but when it came to update, in console it outputed "Can't mount ..." But it's not important now. Luckily some time later I have installed Clockwork Recovery Mod. 

The day before yesterday, I finally managed to run the update. Again, it rebooted device. It displayed image: Androids Robot and a big "!" character. I thought it meant "Do not touch the tablet now, it is updating.". But after 2 hours of waiting, I reseted Streak. Now, every time I run it, only Clockwork Recovery Mod runs, I can transfer files through USB, and the question is:

Can somebody give me a file/link with update to 3.2, whatever it is, or other ROM in *.zip file, from which I could run Android? Dell Streak 7 EU WiFi

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 11th, 2011 05:00

I had found the files -> mirror2.streakdroid.com/.../Streak7

But it didn't solve the problem :(

No Events found!