Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2014 07:00

Task Scheduler not working with Venue 8 Pro?

So we are attempting to run a task every night at 1 am using task scheduler. The Venue is plugged in and in connected standby (NOT powered off). 

However, this task never seems to deploy. Even if we check "wake the tablet to run this task" it's a no-go.

Can someone explain what's happening here?

*To clarify, we've been getting around this by disabling connected standby in the registry (yes it's possible), but this raises issues with battery drain so we want to run these tasks with connected standby enabled if at all possible*

2 Posts

June 3rd, 2014 07:00

To clarify, a way we've been getting around this is actually by disabling connected standby (yes, it is possible) in the registry. 

The problem I have with this is it's inevitably faster drain on the battery life.

915 Posts

June 3rd, 2014 12:00

From my research, this seems to be a connected standby issue/situation/deficit. :emotion-6: Likewise have found that Task Scheduler can't wake the DV8P from connected standby (although, the second I press the tablet on button, the scheduled task is raring to go, seemingly having been queued up--it just can't get the tablet going).

915 Posts

June 3rd, 2014 13:00

A question for you, though: have you had any issue in turning connected standby off in the registry--that is, apart from the sleep mode's power consumption, is there any other effect in the DV8P? I've been contemplating doing this, so as to be able to turn the screen off, via a utility, when the tablet is doing background chores or I just don't need/want the screen on (and with connected standby operational, the screen-off utilities put the tablet into connected standby mode rather than simply turning the screen off).
No Events found!