Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2014 09:00

Ticking noise with Dell Venue 11

Hi there - just got a Dell Venue 11 (the i5 one)...and as soon as i started using it i was receiving a ticking noise out of the right hand speaker only.  It would come on and off at will.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason for it.  Adjusting the volume doesn't do anytyhing and it's only the right speaker (not the top two of the left one).  It usually has an interval of 1 second but can be more something.  Then it stops and goes a minutes then starts again.  Definelty not the fan - unless thats the noise the fan makes.  Like a ticking of a loud clock with a second hand.

Anyone else seen this?  Appreciate any insight.

Thanks!

5 Posts

January 23rd, 2014 13:00

A little bit more info...i think there is an issue with the speakers...no sound is coming out of any speakers.  If i plug in a headphone the sound comes out there...i think i have a dud.

1 Message

January 27th, 2014 07:00

We have one here too.  I had the same issue.  It was ticking for X number of seconds and then it would stop.  I checked the audio and was not getting any out.  One forum I looked at suggested removing the back cover and then pressing the area where the speaker is (obviously being careful about not pressing the screen).  This seemed to solve my problem, but I very much doubt this is a permanent fix.  Since it's under warranty, I think I'm going to refrain from tearing it apart and just let Dell handle it.  

5 Posts

January 28th, 2014 07:00

Thanks for the reply...sounds like more than a one of.

I did try removing the back cover and putting it on again, but yeah temp fixes doesnt sound good - i am with you - i think i will be calling support and getting a replacement for this DOA unit...little disappointing.

5 Posts

January 28th, 2014 12:00

I have a Dell tech coming to fix the issue tomorrow - i will let you know what the cause is - if he can fix it.

5 Posts

April 24th, 2014 18:00

hi there - yes it fixed it...its blown speakers...but man they have to take the whole unit apart to change them out...I have a competent tech - who never did one before but figured it out...ended up breaking a piece of the case on reassembly - which he has to order and come back and fix...worked perfect after the fix...you will be ok :)

1 Message

April 24th, 2014 18:00

Was the tech able to fix your issue? I ask because I received mine last week and mine is doing the same thing. I have a tech coming out next week to "fix" mine.
No Events found!