Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 03:00

Venue 11 Pro Wifi not working after Windows 10 install

Hi,

I installed Windows 10 (the final version not the beta) on my Dell Venue 11 Pro.  All appeared to go well but I noticed that there was no wifi available - there is no icon in the system tray and there is nothing in the control panel to turn wifi on or off.

I had a look in the device manager and I can see the Intel wireless adaptor is showing correctly.  I installed the latest wireless adaptor and also updated the BIOS but it is still not visible to the operating system.

I tried running the Intel wireless software but that wasn't able to see the wifi adaptor either.

Please help!!

Thanks

Ed Mozley

PS In the device manager there is one item as showing as not having a driver but it says "unknown device" so I don't know which one it is.

7 Posts

July 31st, 2015 21:00

I ran into the same issue download this file to a usb and it will get your wifi running.

August 1st, 2015 11:00

I am experiencing the identical proble. I also updated the BIOS and the wifi driver with no success. A valiant effort by a Dell technical support person failed to resolve the issue. This is very frustrating indeed. Dan Ferrall

7 Posts

August 1st, 2015 14:00

Check the device manager to see if you see the network adapter. If not then then run the driver installer as administrator

I ran the install and rebooted. Still no wifi. Anything else to do?

Dan Ferrall

7 Posts

Also what model to you have I the 7130

August 1st, 2015 15:00

I have installed the latest device drivers on the Dell support site as well as a very recent BIOS firmware version. I have not had any dialogue windows pop up preventing me from completing an update. I will check on the Wimdows version number.

Dan

6 Posts

I've tried running this as administrator and rebooting but still not usable.

It's very strange that it is showing as "working" in the device manager but I can't see/use it!

How do I check the model number?  It is a Dell Venue Pro 11 i5 processor.

I also have the 7130. My wifi chipset may be different. The driver did install without anything strange occurring. The device manager had no errors.

I hope I can get this resolved soon. I don't want to revert to 8.1.

It is very nice of you to offer help.

Dan Ferrall

7 Posts

Look behind the  battery . also look  to the bottom right do u see the WiFi icon and

Make sure u don't airplane mode enable

I couldn't find my model number on the tablet. I went to my Dell account history and found the invoice. It had a complete list of part numbers for the tablet chassis, the LTE chipset model, the Qualcomm wifi chipset and so on. I am wondering Microsoft may be able to assist with this.

Dan Ferrall

6 Posts

One thing I've just noticed is the driver version on my tablet is 17.15.0.5

However the driver on the Intel website for windows 10 is a bit older:  17.1.1529.1613 even though the date on it is 2 days ago!

downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260

So what I'm thinking is maybe the driver 17.15.0.5 is for windows 8 and so when I try to install the latest windows 10 driver the OS says well this is an older driver so I'm not going to let you install it?

7 Posts

August 1st, 2015 16:00

What is your service tag number

August 1st, 2015 17:00

It is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

7 Posts

August 1st, 2015 18:00

The Dell Wireless 1537 WiFi/BT Driver

This is the Driver that should work for you I have the excact same card 

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03170792M/1/7130_Network_Driver_0JJ8H_WN32_3.7.2.59_A00.EXE

6 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 15:00

Still no luck - I have run this package as administrator.

In device manager please can you confirm what you can see under Network Adapters?

I have 1 item which says:

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

When I look at its properties and click the Driver tab it says:

Driver Provider - Intel

Driver Date - 22/02/2015

Driver Version - 17.15.0.5

Digital Signer - Microsoft Windows

Roll Back driver button does nothing.

If I click uninstall driver (advanced) it does not give me the option to delete the driver files which I think is normally a checkbox.

No Events found!