Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2014 10:00

Venue 11 Pro issues

Hello,

So I figured I'd make my own thread for the issues I've been experiencing instead of possibly confusing anyone with continuing to post in another thread (en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/4586/p/19534855/20500197.aspx#20500197).

We have ordered 2 Venue 11 Pro (7130/7139s (?)), they both seem to have the latest BIOS updates and both were ordered with the slim keyboard(s) as well as actual docking stations for the Venue 11s.

Both Venues have issues where when they are in the actual docking station and that docking station has a USB keyboard and mouse connected, both keyboard and mouse stop working randomly (it seems).  Usually the USB mouse and keyboard come back and work but other times it just stays "locked".

Using the Venue 11s with the slim keyboard(s) and it's the same issue.  Sometimes the keyboard/mouse works and other times it doesn't.  There have been plenty of times where I have the slim keyboard attached and just have the Venue 11 on my lap while I'm working on something else and I can hear the sound of the "keyboard detected" and "keyboard detached" sounds constantly.  I'm not moving the Venue 11 or my lap...the sounds keep going off and on.

On one of the Venue 11s I did the registry edit mentioned in the other thread and at first I thought it solved the issue because I wasn't getting any lock-ups but after about 10 minutes it started happening again.  :(

Other notes:  The Venue 11s were not ordered with Windows 8.1 Professional OS; we purchased the Professional upgrade for both Venues and then applied the upgrade key and did the upgrade to Professional (so that we can use them on our domain).  The only weird thing with the upgrade was that after I entered the upgrade key it said, "something went wrong" (paraphrased).  I rebooted and then it did the upgrade process so it seems like everything worked but thought I'd say something just in case.

So I've tried both docking stations, both slim keyboards and both Venues have issues with locking up (one actually seems worse because when it locks up it really locks up and I have to turn it off to get it back to working).  So getting new slim keyboards or docking stations may work but I kind of doubt it.  Is this something with the actual Venue 11 (7130/7139)?

Thanks for any help!  :)

9 Posts

January 17th, 2014 14:00

Well in case anyone else is searching like I was, I finally was able to call tech. support and after an hour on the phone they are going to ship me a brand new Venue 11 Pro because there are a lot (?) of people having the same issue(s) so they're just shipping me a new one....will take 10-21 days....

Then I will hopefully not have to wait that long to get the 2nd Venue 11 Pro swapped out.

2 Posts

January 25th, 2014 12:00

I've had the same problem, and Dell support says that it's "strange".  My issues are really a grounding / overheating issue I believe. You can be working just fine and all of a sudden it goes berserk like someone is taking control of the tablet. I actually got a video of it with the my phone. I can reproduce it by holding the tablet by the corners, and gently bend it / twist it, and it happens. They've replaced my Dell Venue 11 Pro twice both have the same issues.   

9 Posts

January 27th, 2014 06:00

I've had the same problem, and Dell support says that it's "strange".  My issues are really a grounding / overheating issue I believe. You can be working just fine and all of a sudden it goes berserk like someone is taking control of the tablet. I actually got a video of it with the my phone. I can reproduce it by holding the tablet by the corners, and gently bend it / twist it, and it happens. They've replaced my Dell Venue 11 Pro twice both have the same issues.   

Yeah, I've seen that "berzerk" thing as well.  I'll have to see if I can get it to go berzerk on demand or not like you said you can do.  Do you have that video on youtube or somewhere so I can see it by chance?

2 Posts

February 11th, 2014 14:00

Interesting.

I just got my keyboard today and found the same problem after a few minutes and started to check for answers in this forum.

I noticed that the keyboard battery was around 45% and was having this problem.  I plugged my venue 11 pro to the charger and the cursor and keyboard started working again.  Lets wait until it gets fully charged and see what happens.

Could this be a problem of low battery in the keyboard?   ????? 

Will further report as I find more.  In the meantime.  Does anyone know about a stylus that works?????

1 Message

February 11th, 2014 15:00

I have the 11 pro also. It freezes up , the keyboard works sometimes , sometimes not. The tablet gets hot and I am always having to recover web pages. I have had a tech on the phone talking me thru reboots and a few other things. Then I had a tech take over my computer and try to do what he can for it. It will work for a day or two and then back to the same thing. Now If I am on it for more than 15 minutes I have to turn it to totally off and re boot it. YES I believe there is something totally wrong with the venue 11. I was told that they were going to get a fix for the over heating by the last tech I talked with. I do not think it is your keyboard because my tablet freezes up even when it is not in the keyboard/docking station.

2 Posts

February 15th, 2014 08:00

Let me update my previous post. I fully charged the tablet and the keyboard, but the problem continue. I checked that the tablet was properly docket to the keyboard, but the problem continue. So, next day I called Dell, They took remote control of the tablet, downloaded new updated stuff, and now is working better. Not perfect yet. Will continue updating. HAPPY CAT in Texas.2/15/2014
No Events found!