Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2014 06:00

Venue 11 pro 5130 die-in-sleep problem

It freezes itself in sleep, this happens once every two days.

The winkey has haptic feedback, but no other responses, and everything else loses response as well.

I have to longlonglonglong press the power button to shutdown the machine.

I don't know if this is a known issue or not, but it is certainly an issue

1 Message

March 9th, 2014 10:00

So yours must recover somehow. My 5130 died in its sleep after one week of ownership. Would only show the initial Dell logo after that. Just received it back with a new motherboard after diagnostic session with Dell Support failed to find a remote fix. Acronis does not support exFAT format so I was still researching backup options when the failure occurred, but at least it was only a week old and setting up from scratch gets easier each time you do it!

429 Posts

March 9th, 2014 11:00

Acronis doesn't support UEFI 32, either. See here: http://kb.acronis.com/content/43091

52 Posts

March 10th, 2014 20:00

I have the very same issue with both of my Venue 8 Pro tablets since updating their BIOS to version A05 a few days ago. Never experienced this issue before. May I ask: Is your Venue 11 Pro of the Intel Bay Trail Z37xx variety? If so, which version of the BIOS is installed? Did you recently update your BIOS?

43 Posts

March 10th, 2014 21:00

I have the Z3770 variety, and I recently installed the A06 firmware update, and no more sleep of deaths recorded ever since, but it's just 2 or 3 days, hard to tell if that problem is still there. And I've noticed significantly more battery drainage during sleep, right after the update

3 Posts

March 11th, 2014 12:00

I was having the crashing problem too until installing the latest BIOS, which seems to have fixed it.

Did you install all updates? If so the battery problem might be caused by the keyboard USB fix (SelSuspDisable - http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/bm/en/bmdhs1/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleIframeView?docid=637093&doclang=EN#Issue5). This apparently stops the keyboard from disconnecting... by keeping USB always on, which causes battery drain.

Run it as per instructions here: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/dell/61525-5130-battery-drain-fix-can-anyone-help-me-remove-dell-keyboard-fix-drains-my-battery-like-20-overnight.html and that should fix your drain issue...

1 Message

March 11th, 2014 17:00

Cheers for the how to remove SelSuspDisable!  It is definitely the battery drain culprit.

Sleep battery drain prior to removal - 12% + per hour

Sleep battery drain post removal - 1-2% per hour

A shame Dell are having us break one thing to fix another. 

The bigger shame is how much my pilot group love the tablet apart from the host of bugs and issues.

Some problems have been improved wth updates, but a long way from the reliability required by corporate users.  Let's hope Dell realize they are on to a potential winner in the enterprise if they get it right.

43 Posts

March 22nd, 2014 08:00

The Dieinsleep problem reappeared recently, but it is much less frequently than the former BIOS version. What about yours

43 Posts

April 8th, 2014 10:00

The dieinsleep problem has reappeared on a daily basis! It's like twice a day!! the only change that I've made is purchasing an active stylus and using.
No Events found!