Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2014 11:00

Venue 8 Pro battery dead?

Hi!

I have a problem with my Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet. I bought it earlier this year and was very happy with it. Then I stopped using it for about a month and also did't charge it during that time. When I tried to use it again it didn't respond. I tried to recharge it (charged it for several hours) but it still doesn't respond. When I plug it in, the LED turns white. When I try to switch it on (while charging) the led changes to amber for about 2 seconds and then turns white again. As soon as I plug it out the led stays white for about a second and then turns off (and won't show any response if not plugged in). The screen is black and also won't show any response to whatever button I press.

I read through a couple of threads and tried several button combinations but it still won't work. Maybe the battery is totally dead and that's why the tablet won't respond to anything. Is it possible that the LED is solid white, while plugged in, although the battery is not actually charging? Does anyone have any ideas about what could solve my problem?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

1 Message

September 18th, 2014 10:00

I have the same problem with mine ): I've been trying to find someone else with the same problem but with some kind off solution. I need mine for school, and I'm not happy with my investment.

915 Posts

September 18th, 2014 11:00

I'd try Dell Tech. Support:

Mobile Devices (Phones) & Tablets
1-800-308-3355 24/7

http://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/19/category/Contact-Information/Technical-Support?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

No Events found!