Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 10th, 2015 16:00

Venue 8 Pro upgraded to Windows 10 .. Camera does not work

I wanted to take a photo today and opened the Camera app. I received an error message .. "Something went wrong. Make sure your camera is connected and not being used by another app."

I checked the Device Manager and found no camera listed, but I did find an "Imaging Device" - listed as working. "Intel (R) Imaging Signal Processor 2400"  and under "System Devices" I found "Camera Sensor MT9M114" and "Camera Sensor OV5693".

I looked all over the Dell Support site and could find no driver for a camera.

Also, when I was at the Dell site, I tried the "Run a quick test for common hardware problems"  and checked "Camera". At the end of the test, I received this "We were unable to find the selected device" and it went on to suggest I look for driver updates. I did check and found nothing for a camera.

50 Posts

January 28th, 2016 10:00

I discovered my Camera did not work.  I think some Windows update broke it.  I tried variants of the process to uninstall, delete, update and roll back drivers.  Absolutely none of these worked.  So I downloaded the "new" driver package from dell:  Version 603.9600.2067.27988,A00  this was last updated Last Updated 26 Oct 2015.

I worried what else might get broken or fixed with this package.  I checked and discovered my sound also was not working.  I committed to not install the new driver but just to install files.  For some unknown reason the computer began a process of "updating windows"  don't know why yet.

When I started to install...the warning message said that I drivers already installed were dated the same as or newer than this package.   I selected the "go ahead" option, hoping I would not now break something else.  Well I let it update then the message said to restart.   I also noticed a couple of windows that seemed to indicate 2 drivers were trying to update but were not going anywhere.  I waited a while, but then in desperation, I let the restart proceed.  On reboot, I heard the windows sound.  I have not heard sound in a couple of months.  Camera worked good also.   I am very happy.  

1 Message

October 26th, 2016 00:00

I have also upgraded to Windows 10 and my DVP camera did not work and always gave "Trying to access unreachable memory..." error plus the power button always locked up the tablet when pressed once. I totally gave up on the tablet until I tried the following:

1. go to http://www.dell.com/support Driver and Software install page

2. let the webpage "Auto Detect" your device

3. download the "Auto Detect" program and install

4. let the "Auto Detect" program find any device driver and/or BIOS upgrade

What happened to me was that my BIOS was way out of date. After updating the BIOS and install the 5830_Chipset_Driver_67YC3_WIN32_603.9600.2067.27988_A00.EXE, everything is back to normal. Do note that when installing the Chipset driver, you may get a message saying that your existing driver is already up-to-date or newer, you can go ahead and continue. I am once again a happy DVP user.

1 Message

January 8th, 2017 12:00

This driver version Works

12 Posts

June 8th, 2017 13:00

And anythig happened? My Cam doesn´t work, and nothing from Dell. Never Dell again.

10 Posts

April 4th, 2020 13:00

Thanks 1,000 times. My cam was just dark when I reinstalled the driver then the black screen messages started coming up. I've been on this every day for a week...nothing works. It happened after I REloaded windows 10 (venue 5055 came with 10).

Dell would do nothing. Intel said they could do nothing because they sold it to Dell so Dell had responsibility.

The Dell "pay for service" said they couldn't work on it. Dell used to be best for help BUT CERTAINALY NO MORE!!

Loaded the chipset and the camera came right back up fine.

51 Posts

April 26th, 2020 10:00

Does anyone's Venue 8 camera still work in Windows 10? @cooverr @JimmyInTheROC @nevion @amir_dadair 

The last post in this discussion is almost 3 years ago. My Venue 8 Pro is still working, mainly using it to listen to audio streams because radio reception is so bad in my basement. With the surge in video conferencing, I was curious if it could support Zoom et al. Guess what? No camera. Meanwhile, my older iPad 2 does.

The Device Manager does not have Cameras at the top level but does have one under Imaging devices. It is currently named "Intel(R) AVStream Camera" dated 2015-07-04 (wasn't that a holiday?) after Update Driver went off in search on the Internet. Previously, it was "Intel (R) Imaging Signal Processor 2400". Under "System Devices" are "Camera Sensor MT9M114" and "Camera Sensor OV5693", both of which have reportedly "The best drivers for your device are already installed" and date from 2013. 

Dell Update says "The system is up-to-date" and was last updated at the end of 2018. I don't remember if the camera was working then.

Tom

51 Posts

April 26th, 2020 12:00

Eureka? Camera is working again - front and rear. Don't quite know why. I went through the process of deleting the Camera under Imaging Devices and installing the Z3000 Series drivers. On the second reboot after installing the drivers, I got the message that it would have to restart again after installing the Intel Imaging Signal Processor 2400 driver. That came as a surprise because no such driver is found in the Z3000 series drivers. That driver was there and "working properly" when I started this exercise today but I neglected to record its date and version. The driver that now seems to be working is dated 2013-11-28 version 603.9600.1948.31252.

On the Microsoft Update Catalog is a (later?) driver for the 2400 with date 2015-11-24 and version 20.10568.5749.852. I don't know if the date and version number are those of the driver or of the CAB file but I think I should leave well enough alone. Maybe that was the Windows Update that made a mess of the camera.

51 Posts

April 26th, 2020 13:00

I got that driver when I did a Driver "Check for updates" on what was the "Intel (R) Imaging Signal Processor 2400". It did not work. Through the repeated deletion of the AVStream and subsequent automatic installs of 2400 along with the Intel Atom Z3000 chipset drivers, my camera started working. The 2400 driver dates in 2013, details in this discussion.

35 Posts

August 4th, 2020 08:00

I had this problem: the camera app could see no camera.

I tried the offered troubleshooter -- no joy.

The fix turned out to be simple

I have no idea why re-installing fixed the problem, but it did.

No Events found!