Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 17th, 2014 08:00

Venue Pro 11 System Freeze When AC Unplugged

I understand this is a troubled unit and has been since release. I decided to take a chance anyway since updates have been frequent for this unit. I got an i5-4300y unit that I received yesterday. The following happen in order:

Booting for first time on charger(batt was dead).

Ran Windows Updates and went to work.

Returned home. Unplugged charger for awhile. Played around with installing Office on DC power.

Plugged AC in again and decided to update recommended drivers and BIOS to latest A12 version (unit came with A11).

Finished all driver/firmware updates and unplugged charger. System froze. Tried twice, and probably 6 times more with constant reboots. Freeze occurs within 3 seconds after power is unplugged. 

Going to CS mode and hitting power button to return to log in screen is responsive. Once my user account loads, about 2-3 seconds later system freezes. Repeating with AC in, runs almost perfect.

Great, I got a hybrid tablet/laptop that runs on a charger only. 

9 Posts

September 19th, 2014 19:00

I guess I fed into the hype too prematurely and overlooked the already stated solution. Disabling Display Refresh under Intel HD Graphics Power settings under 'on battery' seems to alleviate the issue, 

9 Posts

September 19th, 2014 19:00

I guess I fed into the hype of the horror stories too prematurely and finally stumbled upon the solution.

Intel HD Graphics Display Refresh being disabled on battery seems to have solved it.

9 Posts

September 27th, 2014 13:00

Thanks, Disabling Panel Self-Refresh seems to have solved it for me too ;-)

No Events found!