Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 15th, 2014 18:00

Venue and Android 5.0 Lollipop

Any idea if Android 5.0 Lollipop is coming to Venue 7/8 tablets?

28 Posts

April 14th, 2015 16:00

I can't get Whatsapp on a tablet, and I don't have a Facebook.  Pretty much I've only used it for music, browsing, and Gmail.  My Samsung Galaxy S4 runs normally with much more stuff running, including  Samsung apps, Whatsapp, AT&T apps, games, multiple email addresses, updates, etc.  The Dell Venue 8 should not be that much worse than my phone that it needs me to disable everything.  I like Chrome on my phone.  Why can't Chrome or any other app be normal on the Venue 8?  Why is it that it won't let me type normally and that I can only use your very lightweight browser?  And is Dell ever going to update the thing?

I very much regret paying 100 dollars for it.  Probably should have gotten the 7 for free instead.  I sent it in to Dell and they didn't fix it.  All they did was another reset.  If they think I'm dumb enough to not see that...  Sad.

13 Posts

April 14th, 2015 21:00

also disable background data under data usage.

13 Posts

April 14th, 2015 23:00

everybody wants latest android os so what if we paid like 5 to 10 dollars to manufacturers to get our latest os if they are not providing one due to cost factors. this will be like purchasing apps from playstore. this will be win win for everybody. we will get latest updates for peanuts without buying new costly products and OEM can make money as a spinoff.

3 Posts

April 15th, 2015 06:00

But you are missing an important point - these products have insufficient hardware resources to run even the older versions of Android well. Therefore it is very unlikely that they will work well with a new version. Once you have upgraded it, it is probable that even the few apps you are able to run on it now will stop working acceptably, and multi-tasking will be completely out of the question.

If it were just a question of money, they would pay for it themselves, because it would enable them to continue selling these otherwise obsolete units.

13 Posts

April 15th, 2015 09:00

but the new android os like lollypop are designed to run on 512 mb ram. but Intel itself made 64 bit of KitKat and x86 runs extra layer of processing to run android apps. so dunno.

28 Posts

April 15th, 2015 10:00

They have insufficient hardware period.  That tablet can't load an app for it's life.  I doubt the specs are actually true.  It even told me it didn't have enough RAM when the same supposed amount of RAM (1 Gb) can run the much heavier Windows 7 or 8 well.

1 Message

June 3rd, 2015 08:00

Dell - please say it ain't so?! (Six months later...is this still true?)

3 Posts

June 3rd, 2015 09:00

Yup.

3 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 10:00

Pls when will lollipop come for Dell venue 8 3830

1 Message

August 9th, 2015 20:00

I have dell venue 8 when will it get the lollipop update?  I was told I would get it in may or June...

42 Posts

August 12th, 2015 05:00

Bottom line DELL ***! They took our hard earned money, provided no support, no answers and laughed a all the way to the bank with our hard earned money that we could not afford to waste. Tell all your friends that DELL *** and not to buy anything from Dell! 

No Events found!