Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 2nd, 2015 20:00

When is the Venue 8 (3840) getting Lollipop?

I'm beginning to wonder about Dell's commitment to it's customers.

102 Posts

May 2nd, 2015 21:00

Dell hasn't updated any tablets to lollipop yet, they are selling lollipop tablets though. Dell isn't really interested in updating their devices, they are just interested in sales.

6 Posts

May 2nd, 2015 21:00

If they don't update this tablet to Lollipop, I swear I'll never buy another Dell product.

102 Posts

May 2nd, 2015 23:00

I wish you luck, perhaps one day dell might update your tablet, my dell is a 3830, I know dell wont update it to lollipop. I think dell is only going to update the 7840 to lollipop,  then stop updating it. Then update their other lollipop tablets to the next version of android then stop updating them.

102 Posts

May 9th, 2015 21:00

After playing with a low end lollipop tablet, the past few days, I can honestly say, lollipop runs well however, if dell forces encryption on these tablets, they will almost be useless. 1GB is fine for non encrypted lollipop but once tablet is encrypted parties over tablet becomes slow and useless.

I did a test on the cheap tablet I bought with lollipop once it was encrypted it became junk, had to return it.

a tablet with 2GB ram or more wont notice the impact as much.

Hopefully dell wont force encryption on older tablets.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 11th, 2015 16:00

After reading posts from peeps who just updated their 7840 to lollipop, I won't be in too much of a hurry to update my 3840. 

I'll rather give them time to work out all the bugs than risk the consequences of a poor (or possibly failed) update. As the old saying goes:

"If it ain't broke, don't break it!"

:emotion-5:

No Events found!