Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 10th, 2015 05:00

Windows 10 setup on Dell Venue Pro 11 32 bit

I am trying to install WIndows 10 on the Dell Venue Pro 11 32 bit tablet from USB key. Have made the USB key with Rufus and also with the downloaded media creation tool from Microsoft.

Starting from the USB key on the tablet brings the setup menu for Microsoft Windows 10 with the language setup. Thats how far it goes. I cannot select something in the language setup it is not responding it is stuck i believe. Tried 2 tablets 5130 but same result. Tried to format the key to fat32 for uefi boot and tried nfts. With the fat32 it is showing the setup language screen but noting is happening not responding on both tablets.

Has someone installed WIndows 10 on the Windows 8.1 32 bit Dell Venue Pro 11 5130 tablets from USB and how?

August 11th, 2015 17:00

ahhh that sounds like the same thing then. I have a docking station so i was able to connect a mouse and do it that way. 

i have just downloaded the 64bit version and installed that. touchscreen works even in the install process!!!  give that a try!

August 10th, 2015 16:00

i was able to install windows 10 32 bit from a usb key, but i used the microsoft iso to usb tool (or whatever its called),  this was with a dell venue 11 pro 7130. 

the issue i have is touchscreen doesn't work :(

915 Posts

August 10th, 2015 19:00

Now, that's not good . . . .

2 Posts

August 11th, 2015 07:00

The fact that the setup is hanging on the language settings is maybe the same problem: touch not working, whatever i do cannot select the language or ok or cancel. Because i have only one usb connection cannot connect a keyboard..

How do other users do this?

I also created a usb key with Rufus, but when i put the iso in Rufus and want to try formatting the disk to fat32 (that was nessesairy according to Dell Venue forum) Rufus refused to format to fat32 and says that is not possible..

No Events found!