Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 10th, 2014 09:00

are you happy with your 11pro ?

Just a question i haven't seen asked on here yet.

but i am wondering are you happy with your 11pro ? 
would you change your purchase if you could to a different tablet ?

would you keep your decision to get the 11 pro ?

would you change your decision in any way ? 

January 14th, 2015 16:00

I have the Dell Venue Pro 5130 with 64GB, the Mobile Keyboard and a wireless mouse and I believe that the mouse is truly the saving grace! It is so much easier using everything when you have an actual mouse to move around the screen. I have been able to play my games that require a mouse and I am really loving it!

1 Message

January 15th, 2015 08:00

I have the 7140(late 2014) model and it works great. There was a bit of a learning curve to it but all in all I like it very much, I find it responsive and very handy to have instead of starting up my desktop machine.

5 Posts

February 4th, 2015 08:00

Am I happy with my VPro11(5130) Win32bit, NO,NO,NO.

Would I change it or buy a different one if I could afford it, YES

Cost me over £400 and I can hardly use, buggy, crashes, won't update Windows despite resetting it no end of times. Wished I'd never seen the bl***y thing. I shall never buy another Dell product again. Thouroughly sick.

February 4th, 2015 10:00

A Dell executive told my to take it to a Microsoft Store and see if they can fix it. The MS store here in Austin offers free software fixes on any PC.

I have also used a local PC repair group on remote hookup to fix  a river problems.

Used Dell remote once and they crashed my 1730 and after three Dell on-site techs' failed or made it worse I had Dell  replace tablet.

February 4th, 2015 15:00

I guess I have been luckier than most.  I have had zero problems with my VP11 7130.  It has been reliable and very useful once I got the latest updates.  In fact it has become my primary PC at home, allowing me to retire my old Dell Latitude E6410.

My disappointment has been with the chargers and the mobile keyboard.  I have been through 3 of the chargers to get one that works properly.  The mobile keyboard works fine with the exception of it's battery.  It is only 7 months old and the battery in it is dying abnormally fast.  I guess my only choice there is to contact Dell for a repair.  I wish they had made it user replaceable.

All in all, I am mostly satisfied with my purchase.  And if I had it to do over again, I would buy it again.

Mike

12 Posts

February 4th, 2015 17:00

No! I will NEVER buy Dell again!

They screw up everything!

They came to fix my 7130, but they broke the case + NFC + TF card reader + Fan + Wifi connector!

When I open the back cover, I found that the protective stickers. some screws are missing!

They came to "fix" it for about 8 times! I could only get me screws back at the last time.

But many of the remaining broken parts are not fixed! (The broken parts were broken by Dell technicians!)

Not to mention the unresolved ghost type, missing type, freeze, hang issues...

Wasted for more than 6 months and I finally returned it for a full refund.

Why said the machine can't be returned after 30 days?

1 Message

February 4th, 2015 20:00

Right now? Extremely unhappy and if I can't get some sort of repair through Dell then it gets dumped for something that works. I was reasonably happy - apart from the regular un-announced going to sleep and not waking up - until I started getting BSOD every time a browser was used - usually indicating a page fault error code. Now the damn thing displays nothing at boot . .    and I mean NOTHING, no Dell logo just the haptic feedback indicating it has turned on. The unit then starts to heat up rapidly and the fan starts running full speed untill I shut it down by holding the power button for 10 seconds. Once, and once only, I got into the PSA by holding volume up while powering on . . .   never again, Diagnostics ran clean though, which was encouraging.

Still trying to find a link on the Dell AU site to get some support. . .  keep getting to the US site whcich says I should submit my problem to the AU site . .   round and round we go . . .

21 Posts

February 4th, 2015 23:00

Well I have a 7130 with 4g card, and 1st one the touchscreen had issues so they replaced it, but maybe they knew the fault as it was quite cheap on the outlet store.

4g card has the wrong bands for the UK so rubbish picking up signal.

Best drivers were from MSFT, and once I disabled the nightmare auto dimming setting in the OS it was great. Great purchase, I use the odd hyper-v session on it or java citrix sessions and good for me.

Only recent downside is on the windows 10 build (9879) after a sleep machine cannot successfully recover the gui, but oh well it is a beta os after all.

19 Posts

February 7th, 2015 10:00

Yes and No.

For the $ it's a great value vs the Surface.  I've been reading a lot about the Surface and some of the very same issues experienced on the Dell Venues also occur on the Surface- I don't think the grass is always greener on the otherside.    I currently have the 7140 model with the Core M processor.  It's my second as the first unit I think had issues with the SSD (it happens from time to time).  Overall the unit achieves what it is intended for but there's some issues that need to be addressed. Mainly driver issues and the implementation of Win 8.1 on a tablet.  When running fully loaded with all Windows updates and proper Dell drivers it seems stable enough.  I say "enough" as I've got one lingering issue with the occasional non responsive screen showing up after being in sleep mode (or Connected Standby).  Prior to my tweaks it showed up a lot but now has diminished to the point I'm not certain if it's an issue still- I'm testing right now (in other words I'm having a hard time replicating it now).

One thing worth mentioning is this unit is serviceable, meaning you can replace the batt, wifi card and the ssd (drive).  Ssd do periodically have issues that require replacement or you just need more space overtime.  I have experienced some on other systems just die after a year of use.  Lithium batteries loose capacity over time too. There's no way a regular person even with tech skills could replace the ssd or battery on a Surface- google it- and get the unit back together.  It's near impossible with the glue/adhesives, etc used to bind the units together.  This is a huge + for dell and one of the primary reasons why I selected this model.

In addition, my Daugher has the Venue 7130 i3 model. She's had it since Christmas. It seems very stable and hasn't posed any issues for her (or me to have to fix. Trust me I would know).  When a kid has a tablet, all sort of changes, etc.  can easily occur and essentially she hasn't had any issues.  Seems stable to me. It's used everyday.

On a side note, is it better than a Samsung 12.2 Android device?  I have one also. ans- Hard to say. Both have similar features but are miles apart with regards to functionality.   I can't run photoshop or lightroom on the Samsung but I sure can on the Dell.   OneNote Android is semi functional but not nearly like Onenote on windows.  The Samsung is a great device but in a different category.

-b

March 23rd, 2015 10:00

Agree completely!  I will never buy Dell again.  Similar story on trying to get unit repaired after multiple phone calls to try to resolve over the phone.  Finally sent it to the Depot for repair.  They had the nerve to send it back without doing ANYTHING because they couldn't reproduce the keyboard problem.  Tablet turns off when connected to the keyboard and you close the lid.  Not difficult to reproduce at all!  

Then they want to give  me a refurbished replacement.  What?  NOOO.   I didn't purchase a refurbished tablet and it's still under warranty.

I think the only training they give their customer support people is how to sound like your doing something on the phone and how to be polite.  Solving problems, not so much!

Did you take them to court?

12 Posts

March 26th, 2015 15:00

I went from an Asus T100 to a Dell Venue 11 Pro.  I would have to say the Asus was better in most respects, battery life, stability, lack of frustration, cheaper.

The Venue has the better screen, power and stylus input.  Poor battery life and constant frustrations with it would lead me to not buy another. The 7140 looks better, with the Core M processor but I'd rather save up for a Surface 3.

No Events found!