Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 12th, 2011 21:00

how can i connect internet to my PC through streak?

Hi,

I  have brought a dell streak and also installed dell pc sync but i could not found any option by which i can connect internet from my PC. I have taken a 3G connection but now its of no use because i cant connect my PC to internet.

Another worst part is my mobile charger has stopped working in just 1 week. Another worst part is services centers in india does not have any part of the mobile. Now i feel like i wast my 777$ on this use less phone where nothing works.

can anybody from dell help me on above two problems?

Thanks,

Dishank

70 Posts

January 13th, 2011 06:00

Any USB Charger with a standard USB socket will allow you to charge your Streak via its data/charger cable.

With regards tethering your Streak, search the Apps Market for an App called "Barnacle" this will allow you to use your Streak as a 3G data modem for connection to your PC (Laptop/Desktop).

A stiff letter to Customer Services should resolve the charger replacement issue (Could always invoice them for costs of a replacement). or Ask the Lovely Amy who moderates this forum for her assistance in obtaining a new replacement charger.

$777 for a disposable device is still pretty steep in my book, better off looking for one that at least comes with a worthwhile warranty and a support service.

4 Posts

January 13th, 2011 08:00

my phone is in warranty but i dont know what is problem in india with dell streak, they have stopped sending parts of dell streak because of some failure, I got this information from customer care. In between service center has replaced my charger with some not working phone :)

but i have 1 question, why we dont have any option in dell pc sync to connect to internet. using "Barnacle" seems pretty hard for me, i dont know how to use it. any idea?

70 Posts

January 13th, 2011 09:00

Give this a try.

http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/detail?name=wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre9.apk&can=2&q=

Most users find Barnacle does work, just takes a bit of setting up.

Froyo 2.2 update should come with tethering on board. As to whether or not it works correctly on the Streak I have no idea. Probably a feature Dell added but failed to test.

12 Posts

January 13th, 2011 16:00

The Dell Streak on the Froyo 2.2 is an utter failure! I have been informed that the 2.3 will be available soon ! (How soon is a wait & watch game). I too paid INR; 35'000/- (US$; 777/77). I was the replaced with 3 units but the same still didn't work. The camera that comes on on video call was the primary rear camera & not the vga frontal one! What ever you download the tethering does not pair! I complained to Dell & they have today refunded the entire amount paid for the Dell Streak! Thanx DELL! Cheers!

70 Posts

January 13th, 2011 17:00

THe perfect solution, Ask for your money back,  "it does not work"!

Despite ranting on about this since the Streak appeared, there are still those die hards who believe everything that Dell tell them and they continue to get old the Streak `continues to get older and still the problems continue.

So now you have your money back spend it wisely and definately give Dell a wide berth. 

If you want a new toy now! you cannot go wrong with an HTC (wait a little before you decide to go for a WM7 device) or if you want something a little beefier then maybe a Samsung Galaxy Tab. But if you can wait just a little; 2011 will see a plethora of new toys hitting the market especially tablets (Gingerbread is designed specifically for the tablet market) all will be bigger brighter and shineyer than the next, and with more bells and whistles than you can count. 

And best of all prices will tumble as they become mainstream, 2011 will be the year f the tablet revolution.

12 Posts

January 13th, 2011 19:00

Well the refund worked for me .......! If 2011 is the YEAR of the TABLET .... THIS SURE WILL BE THE WINNER ALL THE WAY! http://us.blackberry.com/playbook-tablet/

4 Posts

Hi guys,

How to get money back?

12 Posts

Approach the dealer you purchased the DELL STREAK from & request for your money back!

70 Posts

January 14th, 2011 01:00

Goods have to be of a merchantable quality, check my threads on this forum, I list extensively design flaws which Dell knows about but has continued to ignore. It does not matter how short or how long you have had your device for. It has an inherent fault which cannot be corrected. Persist and you will get your money back.

100% certain Dell don't want to take this to court and have it proved, thus necessitating a recall and redesign.

No Events found!