Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 18th, 2014 20:00

lock screen changed from pin to account login

since I've had the venue pro 8, I've used a pin on the lock screen. In the last couple of days that's stopped happening and I have to log into my MS account instead. Longer password and I have to look it up on a separate device. What happened and how do I switch it back?

14 Posts

April 25th, 2014 14:00

Just installed the latest update and it switched things back.

157 Posts

April 20th, 2014 22:00

Hi - Try this: swipe in Charms, Change PC Settings,  Accounts, Sign in Options and see "Sign in quickly with four-digit number."

14 Posts

April 21st, 2014 08:00

Nope. That's not a valid option as the PIN is already set. I can change the PIN if I want, and tried that to see if it would reset back to PIN, but it didn't.

I've had to change the Password policy ddlb to "never require..." until this is fixed. Looks like an update in Windows or Dell messed this up.

4 Posts

April 21st, 2014 11:00

Hi.  Did you download the Dell Data Protection security tools application from the drivers and downloads from Dell?  If so, it takes away the pin login and sets it back to the password.  Even if you have pin selected, it ignores it.  I found this when I installed it, so it was quickly uninstalled :D  

April 22nd, 2014 08:00

Hi ithinktfiam,

If you have already tried changing the login patter with the mentioned options could you please try and uninstall any previous updates and check if that fixes the issue. If even this does not work then I recommend you to try resetting the tablet to factory setting.

Kindly let us know if this helped.

14 Posts

April 22nd, 2014 11:00

I don't have Data Protection. the only Dell programs showing via Control Panel all have installation dates showing they came with the device.

And, no, I don't believe in the support option of "we're too lazy to figure it out, why don't wipe out everything you've done, reset to factory setting then reinstall." I'd expect to hear real suggestion such as the one the other person mentioned about Data Protection.

April 25th, 2014 02:00

Hi,

I am sorry you feel that way. Unfortunately you have mentioned that you have checked updating the pattern settings which didn't help.

Also there is no update about Data Protection or anything later either.

A couple of more things I can recommend you to do is please recall if you installed any application since when the issue occurred and then please check after uninstalling the application and see if you are able to change the pattern to how it was.

If the issue remains the same then I recommend you do continue to use the tablet the way it is with the password right now/disable the password option if you have any important data or settings saved on it.

If not I recommend you to reset the tablet to factory settings and let us know.

April 28th, 2014 10:00

Thank you for the update and this would be helpful for others too. If you have any further queries kindly feel free to contact us.

No Events found!