Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

4 Posts

February 11th, 2020 02:00

Unity certificate and vSphere 6.7

I installed the Unity VSA Community Edition (5.0.2.0.5.009) in my vSphere lab.
The vSphere version is 6.7U3.
When I try to register the VASA Provider I get a certificate error.
It looks like the issue described in https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-65471 describes what is happening.
The VMCA on my VCSA is indeed set up as a subordinate CA.

Can the Unity VSA VASA Provider work with VCSA 6.7U3 with the VMCA setup as a subordinate CA?

• 

7.1K Posts

February 11th, 2020 12:00

Hello LucD22,

I am not seeing that you can setup VMCA setup as a subordinate CA & get it to work.  I would advise calling into support as this maybe an option now, however I am not seeing any new information.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

4 Posts

February 12th, 2020 04:00

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply.

If followed VMware KB2112009 - Creating a new template for vSphere 6.x to use for VMCA as a Subordinate CA to setup the VMCA as a subordinate CA.
This works for the vSphere setup and allows me to use a central PKI for all certificates.

The Dell EMC article I mentioned earlier seems to state that a VMCA setup as a subordinate CA could cause the registration CA issues.
Since that article dates from 2018, I was wondering if there had been any changes.

I'm trying to use Unity VSA Community Edition in my Homelab.
Can I contact Support for that?
I thought the Community edition was limited to Community support (in other words this forum).

• 

7.1K Posts

February 12th, 2020 09:00

Hello LucD22,

You are correct in that community edition is limited to community forums.  When I stated you can call into support and see if there has, been any updates to the kb article will be covered under your warranty.  Support maybe able to provide some limited support on community edition.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!