Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 18th, 2015 18:00

How to export user accounts from an old UniVMAX server to a new one

I have an existing "Unisphere for VMAX" vApp, but I want to upgrade the version by deploying a newer one from OVF. My existing UniVMAX only does Local Directory for authentication, and my new UniVMAX will do the same. I'm looking around the UniVMAX interface and trying to find a button to export the local user account definitions to a file that I will later import to the new UniVMAX, but I'm not seeing any such button.

Is there an easy way to export local user definitions through the interface? If not, can anyone outline the steps in CLI? Thanks!

26 Posts

May 19th, 2015 10:00

Ben, to the best of my knowledge, you aren't finding the button because there is none.  If you want to keep the existing users and setups, the  vApp upgrade path is that direction.  This is presented as an option In the "Unisphere for VMAX Installation Guide"  called "Upgrading the Unisphere for VMAX Virtual Appliance using an ISO image"

thank you

26 Posts

May 19th, 2015 13:00

that may be...I believe 8.0.3 will release in June if you can wait.  Not sure about the bug.

30 Posts

May 19th, 2015 13:00

Thank you, Haralson. I had originally planned to use the ISO but found I couldn't make it work, and then I read an article on either EMC's or VMware's site stating that the 8.0.2 ISO had a bug and couldn't be used successfully. So, if I must upgrade by creating a new vApp, it sounds like there's just no quick way to move local users from old to new?

Thanks!

(I spent a few minutes just now searching for the ISO bug article that I read a month ago, but I think Google will only turn it up if I can remember the exact text of the error message the ISO produced. I can't remember it, but has anyone else run into the same problem with the ISO? I hope I'm not the only one...)

No Events found!