Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 29th, 2017 16:00

Querying device performance from REST api

Hello

I've been trying to figure out a way to get performance metrics (IOPS, Read RT, Write RT, etc) for individual volumes (devs). Pulling this through the gui is pretty painful, but I can't seem to find it a way to do it through the api either.

I'm using the PyU4V library by Paul Martin  (great btw) and also looking at the RESTclient to navigate through the objects. The particular array I'm working with is a VMAX3 running 8.4.0.4, but we have quite a few other VMAXes running different code levels too.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!!!

January 3rd, 2018 00:00

Yes unfortunately we do not expose device level metrics through REST

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

January 2nd, 2018 17:00

i don't believe individual device stats are exposed via REST.

6 Posts

January 3rd, 2018 04:00

Thanks both of you for your replies, I was afraid that was the case, but wanted to make sure. Thanks again.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

January 3rd, 2018 13:00

FinUniProdmgr wrote:

Yes unfortunately we do not expose device level metrics through REST

you see Finbarr, people are asking.  When shall you deliver ?

6 Posts

January 3rd, 2018 14:00

Yeah, let's start a Twitter campaign on this #REST4devs... let's get it trending lol

January 4th, 2018 00:00

Indeed Dynamox! to be fair I have got the request from a number of customers, and we are looking at its feasibility at present but we can't commit to it going ahead yet without further testing, if that changes I will let you know.

16 Posts

March 29th, 2018 06:00

Any luck on the testing yet?  My company would like to use the RestAPI rather than SMIS to pull data. We are really wanting on this to happen.

March 30th, 2018 01:00

Hi,

We have identified this as a potential gap and it is on the roadmap (subject to change) to be available in a future release which is provisionally targeted for the 2H 2019.

Regards

Fin.

No Events found!