Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 2nd, 2014 07:00

SYMAUTH on VMAX

Hi, we have windows symcli server and want to check if we can restrict access to the VMAX using symauth command.

currently we have,

symauth -sid 2130 list

S Y M M E T R I X   A U T H O R I Z A T I O N   S T A T U S

ymmetrix ID: xxxx

Authorization Control           : Disabled

Time Enabled                    : N/A

Time Disabled                   : N/A

Time Updated                    : Wed May 21 13:12:03 2014

Enforcement Mode                : Enforce

Server Policy                   : Trust clients

as a user I have AD group added and users are using the VMAX in unisphere without any issues using the domain account part of that group.

if I enable authantication, do I ahve to take any further action on unisphere?

how the symcli will act, is it going to ask user name and password when user try to run command? or it is going to take the same user name and password user logged on the windows symcli server and will be  able to authanticate?

98 Posts

You will need to add the users from the Linux host into the symauth database also, if you want those users to have access after you enable symauth.

I recommend you check out the Solutions Enabler Symmetric Security Configuration Guide available on support.emc.com.  It will provide all the information you need on how to manage entries in the symauth database.

32 Posts

I have also a linux host connecting remotely to the windows symcli. hows that will work?

do I need to setup any symauth for that?

98 Posts

Unisphere should continue working the same way as it did before authorization was enabled - it's a "quirk" that Unisphere uses this database for authorization even when the feature is disabled.

After enabling it, the SYMCLI will use the username and login that was used to get into the Windows management host.

No Events found!