Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2017 10:00

VMAX3 Error "Error Modifying Storage Group SG_VPLEX0210_grp1: The operation cannot be performed because the storage group attribute is already in state"

I have recently upgraded my VMAX3 (450F) to Hypermax OS 5977.945.890 and am logged in to Unisphere for VMAX 8.3.0.1 as an administrator.  I am trying to convert a storage group that was created before compression was enabled on the array to a compressed storage group.  When I run the task, I get the error message "Error Modifying Storage Group : The operation cannot be performed because the storage group attribute is already in state"

Trying to understand what this error message means. By saying it is "already in state" is it saying that compression is already enabled on the storage group?  It doesn't appear that way because when I look at the storage system attributes, Compression is set to - and Compression Ratio is N/A.  Also, when I go to Modify the Storage Group, the Compression checkbox is empty.

Why am I not able to enable compression on this storage group?

Thanks,

B

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 19th, 2017 21:00

was solutions enabler upgraded on this server ?  Rename symapi_db.bin file, runs symcfg discover and then try to enable compression again.

January 20th, 2017 07:00

Am working through Unisphere for VMAX at the moment as they are still in process of building my server.

February 1st, 2017 11:00

Found the answer to this issue.  I was getting the error due to not being associated with a FAST policy.  I assigned the Storage Group to a Storage Resource Pool and then added a service level.  That allowed for the Storage group to be compressed.

No Events found!