Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

• 

6.7K Posts

September 23rd, 2016 02:00

VMAX3 shut down script

hi there ...

My customer is asking if it is ok to shut down VMAX3 with out running shut down script when they have not time to do so as long as

connecting host has no I/O to VMAX3 ....

In the procedure says need to run shutdown script prior to powering off so I guess it needs to be done before powering down .

Please advise below point ...

*Shutdown script need to run before VMAX3 down ?

*Who will need to run shut down script ? ( I know it used be EMC support engineer but not sure for VMXA3 now .. what is the usual way )

thanks !

Aya

2.1K Posts

September 29th, 2016 09:00

Maybe I'm just old fashioned and picky, but have you asked your customer under what circumstances they think they would need to shut down the array so fast that they couldn't have the script run?

It seems like me a strange thing to need to do on something like a VMAX3

• 

6.7K Posts

September 29th, 2016 17:00

Hi Allen ..

Thanks for the reply..I do not think you are old fashioned at all . As VMAX3 also classic Symm series,we need to be make sure to protect data on it ... Yes, I am trying to suggest customer to run it and do it properly as life is always unexpected !

I will tell customer script can be run from remote and they can only call EMC to run it .. cannot I ?

coz not sure if PSE would run it from sym win ..

2.1K Posts

October 3rd, 2016 07:00

If it can be done locally through Symwin then they could do it remotely through an ESRS connection as well. I'm not sure if this is something they would have to schedule through RCM or if it is just arranged through your CE> You would have to talk to the account team for that answer.

• 

6.7K Posts

October 3rd, 2016 18:00

KK Allen ! thanks for the reply !

aya

859 Posts

October 21st, 2016 07:00

it needs to be done by the CE.

No Events found!