open Replicator hot push

i have or hot push from DMX3 to VMAX

is it better to use -consistent or not

what cons and pros

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

March 11th, 2012 07:00

i always use -consistent for operations like timefinder, open replicator whenever source device is in use by the host.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

March 11th, 2012 08:00

i think they are just giving you an example of one use-case where you could use Open Replicator as a "backup" mechanism. Let's say your Oracle database is on DMX3 and every night you want to copy it to VNX. You will use -consistent whenever you activate the session so that data is crash consistent on the VNX. If somebody corrupted the database on DMX3, you can perform an incremental restore from VNX and roll forward the database using archive logs (that hopefully were backed up to tape).

265 Posts

March 11th, 2012 08:00

Thanks Dynamox

i need help in this

in

EMC® Solutions Enabler

Symmetrix® Migration CLI

Version 7.3.1

i got confused

why data corruption may occur , as its push (control is the source RW) and why restore from remote (Destiniation )

page 106

In the scenario described above, differential copy sessions were copied completely

and then recreated to capture any additional changes made to the control devices

since the last copy. This has created a point-in-time copy on the remote devices.

At a later time, it was discovered that a possible data corruption had occurred, which

may have affected data on the control devices. To correct the issue, it has been

decided that the last incremental copy of data to the remote devices should be

restored back to the control devices.

To recover the original data from the remote devices since the last activation of the

sessions, use the symrcopy restore command. For additional information, refer to

“Restoring a session” on page 45:

symrcopy -file production01 restore -noprompt

265 Posts

March 11th, 2012 12:00

LOOOL , my mistake

many thanks Dynamox ,

this gona be tough weekend

or , om , fcip , srdf and clones

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

March 11th, 2012 14:00