Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2015 01:00

symcli remote client / solution enabler installation in workstation PC/Laptop

Hi all,

My workstation PC is running with Window 7 OS.  My requirement is, I have " x " number of vmax to manage, all VMAX located at different location. Every VMAX have individual SMC - management server.

So  I wanted to run symcli commands from my PC to manage and monitor the VMAX. All VMAX are VMAX 2 series.

I Know it's possible, but I don't know the exact steps.

If anyone can help me on this.. Please list it by step by step and list of services I have to restart and what will be  the effect on after restarting specified service.

if you need more details, please let me know.

Advanced thanks to all.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

October 28th, 2015 18:00

take a look at solutions enabler installation guide, specifically client/server configuration.

November 1st, 2015 20:00

Yup .. Now it's working fine.

Just need to edit the netcfg file in client side. Nothing else required.

Client Config

for example if your SYMAPI server is located at India-Delhi and server IP address is 10.20.30.40

INDELHI - TCPIP - 10.20.30.40 2707 ANY

after that, from client

C:\Program Files\EMC\SYMCLI\bin>set SYMCLI_CONNECT=INDELHI

C:\Program Files\EMC\SYMCLI\bin>set SYMCLI_CONNECT_TYPE=REMOTE

C:\Program Files\EMC\SYMCLI\bin>symcfg list

Kindly note that, some time if there is any connection issue, please restart the following daemon from server side:

Server Side

stordaemon list

stordaemon shutdown storsrvd -immediate  ---> you have to start the service once it is stopped. Either from CLI or services.msc

stordaemon shutdown storapid -immediate ---> this command will automatically stop the service and  start. If it's not automatically restarted, just do it from command line or services.msc

November 1st, 2015 20:00

Yup .. Now it's working fine.

Just need to edit the netcfg file in client side. Nothing else required.

Client Config

for example if your SYMAPI server is located at India-Delhi and server IP address is 10.20.30.40

INDELHI - TCPIP - 10.20.30.40 2707 ANY

after that, from client

C:\Program Files\EMC\SYMCLI\bin>set SYMCLI_CONNECT=INDELHI

C:\Program Files\EMC\SYMCLI\bin>set SYMCLI_CONNECT_TYPE=REMOTE

C:\Program Files\EMC\SYMCLI\bin>symcfg list

Kindly note that, some time if there is any connection issue, please restart the following daemon from server side:

Server Side

stordaemon list

stordaemon shutdown storsrvd -immediate  ---> you have to start the service once it is stopped. Either from CLI or services.msc

stordaemon shutdown storapid -immediate ---> this command will automatically stop the service and  start. If it's not automatically restarted, just do it from command line or services.msc

No Events found!