Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 18th, 2010 09:00

Flare 30 Features

Hi I have upgraded our Celerra NS120 so now we are using Unisphere and Flare 30.  I tried finding some guides/videos on configuring Compression, Fast Cache, and Auto-Tiering but they all seem to be for the clarion?  Is there any documentation for the Celerra on how to start using these?   

22 Posts

I figured it out I didnt know there was a Celerra login using a different IP and then a Clariion side login using a different IP.  

8.6K Posts

of course in terms of SAN storage use all the available Clariion video's and white papers apply to the Celerra FC enabled model as well

22 Posts

Chads Youtube Video on these features uses a version/hardware way different than me because I dont have any of those options/settings like he shows I am guessing the video was done on a Clariion.

http://virtualgeek.typepad.com/virtual_geek/2010/05/emc-unified-storage-next-generation-efficiency-details.html

8.6K Posts

do you have the license installed?

8.6K Posts

Hi,

these features are all configured using UniSphere block - you need the corresponding license (enabler) installed.

FAST Cache you just turn on for your NAS Luns in the LUN properties there

compression and sub-LUN tiering are currently not supported for LUNs that contain NAS file systems

Rainer

8.6K Posts

if you configure it correctly with a storage domain based account you can use either one IP and then select the NAS or SAN side from the menu without additional login (single sign-on)

8.6K Posts

October 18th, 2010 10:00

No extra license necessary

A storage domain should have been automatically created when installing / upgrading – just select global account when logging in

Take a look at the UniSphere white paper on Powerlink for a description of the archticture

http://powerlink.emc.com/km/live1/en_US/Offering_Technical/White_Paper/h8017-unisphere-element-manager.pdf

troubleshooting info should be in the knowledgebase (Primus)

Rainer

22 Posts

October 18th, 2010 10:00

Do you have instructions for that?  What license do I need?

No Events found!