Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 14th, 2011 11:00

H symbol on Host Registration in VNX

When host is registered in the connectivity status for the VNX, it shows 'H' symbol. I have seen various other symbols in the EMC documents but I came across this symbol for the first time. The host is ESX. Any suggestions what that means and what could be the fix for that.

6 Posts

I have multiple ESX4.1 in my environment. It show 'h' on some but not on all. what do you think that may be.

29 Posts

If I am not wrong, that's for Hypervisor. Think it's by design.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

September 14th, 2011 12:00

did you configure connection to virtual center or individual connections to ESX servers ?  It's under System > Hosts > Virtualization

6 Posts

All of them were registered automatically when they were connected and zoned, although it show manually registered in the connectivity status.

6 Posts

All the ESX host are registered individually. The server that has the 'h' symbol are in different Virtual Center than the one without showing that symbol. May be that might give some clues.

29 Posts

All of them registered through automatic push registration? Were some of those registered manually?

6 Posts

September 14th, 2011 13:00

They installed some plug-in(VNX plugin for Virtual Center - not sure though) and then uninstalled it, may be that has put an 'h' symbol (as said hypervisor) on those servers. thanks rupak and dynamox.

No Events found!