Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2011 07:00

Looking for the SRA Utilities v4.0 Product Guide...

Hi,

am implementing VSI4 (love it!!) but would like to read the SRA Utils manual, cause having some problems with it...

According to readme file, there should be a Product Guide, but am unable to find it..

Can anybody point me to the right direction?

Peter

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 6th, 2011 07:00

Still working on it and we will be posting it to powerlink soon.

12 Posts

January 7th, 2011 08:00

As Murali mentioned, the SRA Utilities Product Guide is currently being edited and we strive to have it posted to PowerLink as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience. In the meantime, is there a question that you have we might be able to assist you with? Thanks!

--

-a

January 20th, 2011 07:00

Hi Andrew,

Any help is welcome.

Here is the problem:

Doing a real failover from siteB to SiteA with 1 datastore containing 1 (test) VM.

After succesfull failover I go to vCenter top level on SiteA & I configure failback in the VSI tab.

Problem is that the automatic creation of the consistency groups is failing, as can be seen in screenshot attached:

Where can I look to see what went wrong?

Regards,

Peter

1 Attachment

286 Posts

January 20th, 2011 08:00

I just published the latest TechBook this week that discusses in detail SRDF SRA version 2.2 and the VSI SRA Utilities:

Using EMC SRDF Adapter for VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager

Download: Powerlink:

http://powerlink.emc.com/km/live1/en_US/Offering_Basics/White_Paper/h7061-srdf-adapter-vcenter-srm.pdf

Purchase hard copy: Vervante:

http://store.vervante.com/c/v/V4081409244.html?base_cat=EMC%3a%20EMC%20TechBooks&pard=emc

Important updates in the book include:

• Installation & Configuration of the latest SRDF Storage Replication Adapter (version 2.2)
  • How to use the new SRA 2.2 features:
    • Test failover using TimeFinder/Snap off of a SRDF/A R2 (newly supported in 5875).
    • Test failover without using TimeFinder technologies and instead directly running the test failover off of the SRDF R2.
    • How to use the new Virtual Storage Integrator 4.0 SRA Utilities:
      • Automated Failback
      • Consistency Group creation
      • New appendix discussing Solutions Enabler licensing. This section includes a discussion of the traditional licensing as well as the new licensing paradigm (eLicensing) introduced in 5875 and Solutions Enabler 7.2.

As for your issue it could be a number of things, are the devices SRDF/A? If they are the RDF daemon must be turned on within your target SYMAPI server. If you could attach the logs for the SRA Utilities that would be helpful. Under the VSI link under the home screen there is a selection on the left hand side for logging. Set it to debug and pull out the SRA Utilities log after retrying.

Thanks

Cody

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cody Hosterman
SVPG Partner Engineering – VMware & Cisco Technologies
Symmetrix & Virtualization Product Group
EMC Corporation

Twitter @codyhosterman
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 Posts

January 20th, 2011 09:00

Hi Peter,

As Cody mentioned, please provide us the log files. The log files are located at the following location.

%APPDATA%\EMC\Virtual Storage Integrator\vSphere4\Logs

You may zip the folder and send it to us. You might want to open a service request with EMC Support so that it will reach the right team.

Thanks

Vibhu

No Events found!