Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Rookie

• 

63 Posts

March 17th, 2021 06:00

Virtual Storage Integrator (VSI) v8.6 UI Bug (Storage Systems | Hosts)

Hello @WorldPolice

Very cheeky ask... I found a bug in the VSI 8.6 UI; would you mind logging a bug report for it?

The Storage Systems | Hosts table header sort function does not work (for any columns) and the ESXi host column gives a "Host_xx" reference instead of the actual ESXi host name.

Dell VSI 8.6 (Storage Systems - Hosts View) - UI BugDell VSI 8.6 (Storage Systems - Hosts View) - UI Bug

Thank you.

M

123 Posts

March 17th, 2021 06:00

Can you provide details about your configuration? vSphere versions (ESXi/vCenter). And steps to reproduce. The problem is I need to have a lab setup that mimics this like I did for your certificates.

1 Rookie

• 

63 Posts

March 17th, 2021 07:00

Thank you. I appreciate your help again.

Here are the details of my test setup.

VMware vCenter Server Appliance Version: 7.0.2 Build: 17694817 *
VMware ESXi Version: 7.0.2 Build: 17630552 *
Dell UnityVSA Version: 5.0.6.0.5.008
Dell VSI Version: 8.6 (1.6.0.5418)

* I appreciate these are very recent vSphere releases; but I think the issue would exist irrespective of vSphere version.

High level steps:

1. Deployed the vCenter Server appliance.
  2. Deployed multiple (nested) ESXi hosts into 2 clusters, each using the software iSCSI adapter; which is configured to target the UnityVSA iSCSI ports.
  3. Deployed the UnityVSA with 2 pools; configured iSCSI target interfaces, registered the vCenter Server, all ESXi hosts and I also registered the Unity VASA provider ('pushed' from Unity->vCenter)
  4. Deployed VSI, added the vCenter Server and the UnityVSA.
  5. In vCenter Server, select 'Dell EMC VSI' from the menu drop down list.
  6. Select Storage Systems from the left hand menu tree.
  7. Select and open up (using the '>') the UnityVSA in the main panel.
  8. Select the Hosts tab.
  9. To test sorting; select a column header (ESXi Host or ESXi Cluster) and click it. You will see a sort direction arrow point up/down, but the list order does not change.

The UI sort works on other tabs in Storage Systems. The Storage Pools & Capability Profile table columns all sort as expected.

I have changed the certificates from the default self-signed ones; but again I do not see how that would be causal to this issue.

If you need anything else please let me know. This is a long term lab instance, so it should be here for a while.

Cheers.

M

123 Posts

March 22nd, 2021 12:00

I've been trying to reproduce this without any success yet. The sorting functionality has been working for me. I don't have access to Unity arrays but I'll see if I can ask another group to test.

1 Rookie

• 

63 Posts

March 22nd, 2021 15:00

Hello @WorldPolice 

Thanks for the update.

How odd, I only have a UnityVSA to test with and that view does not sort for me.

Dell Virtual Storage Integrator (VSI) v8.6 - UI Bug - Sort Issue.pdf 

Feel free to send me the array you are testing with and I will give it a try here

Cheers,

M

No Events found!