Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 14th, 2011 14:00

mirrorview/s and vsphere esxi 4.1

Hi all,

we are experiencing some problems with mirrorview/s and vsphere replicating vmfs luns.

We use two vnx5100 with the latest OE, vsphere 4.1 esxi. The initial procedure for setting up the primary and secondary lun worked like a sharm, we got the secondary lun synched and shown as consistent. Then we performed a fracture, presented the secondary lun to a host and after a rescan we were able to see the new lun under storage devices. At this time we followed the "add new storage" wizard but instead of showing an existing vmfs volume and ask for resignature we get the message that the disk is blank.

Any one has seen this before?

Thank in advance

Sergio

15 Posts

November 15th, 2011 03:00

UPDATE: i found that performing a promote instead of a fracture on the secondary lun makes the whole process to work right, now i'm asked whether to "keep signature" or " assign new signature".

Thanks

Sergio

199 Posts

November 14th, 2011 19:00

Sergio, have you used different host for the replicated luns?   I used SRDF to replicate vSphere 4.1 vmfs and never encountered problem like this. If the lun is already seen by host, can you specify any host to use vmdf on this lun directly? 

15 Posts

November 15th, 2011 00:00

Jingyi,

actullay i removed the zoning for esxi host to the primary storage, and then presented the fracutured secondary copy to it. i don't know SRDF as i olny work with CX or VNX so i'm not able to give you an answer.

Sergio

No Events found!