Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 2nd, 2013 21:00

Deleted VMWare Datastores, not really deleting...

In vSphere, I unmounted and detached 2 older datastores that I no longer needed.  That part went off without a hitch.  Next, I used Unisphere to connect to my VNXe3300, browsed to Storage > VMWare.  I selected datastore, clicked delete button, responded yes to the confirmation.  VMWare window refreshed and the deleted datastore is gone.  Now, the problem:  the available space on the storage pool does not reflect that the store is gone.  The deleted datastores were 2 TB each.  Storage pool for these datastores reflect a free space of 1.2 TB, which is what it was prior to deletion.  The odd thing is that the LUNS still appear in vSphere after a rescan and I can mount and attach the datastores back and browsing to the datastore show me that it is indeed attaching properly.  Any one have any thoughts on getting these deleted when they don't appear in the Storage > VMWare list?

19 Posts

November 3rd, 2013 05:00

I think it is a bug.you can refer to VNXe OE release note and upgrade to the lastest version.

November 3rd, 2013 18:00

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in EMC Forum. This issue seems to me as PSM corruption. Saying that Unisphere is not synced properly with backend configuration. As you mentioned that datastore is not visible in Unisphere but can be accessed from vSphere, this could be because of Unisphere inconsistency with backend configuration.

I would recommend you to open a support call with EMC VNXe lab for investigation.

Regards,

Swapnil

Community Manager

• 

7.1K Posts

November 4th, 2013 18:00

Hey,

Please try following steps:

1. Restart Unisphere Management software

2. Navigate to details of VMware Datastore and select the host access tab. If host access is granted to any host, first try to revoke access (no access) and apply changes

3. Restart two SPs separately

4. Check your OE version and update to latest version with EMC support.

Please also refer to the solution. https://emc--c.na5.visual.force.com/apex/KB_BreakFix_1?id=kA1700000000iWK

Hope this helpful. 

November 4th, 2013 18:00

Hi,

Please refer article: Unable to delete iSCSI LUN

If this doesn't resolve the issue, Open a service request with VNXe team for investigation.

Regards,

Swapnil

November 5th, 2013 08:00

Thanks.  I had to open a ticket with VNXe Support, who cleared the datastores.  The problem is related to a bug in the OE.

No Events found!